Chapter Eleven

CHAPTER ELEVEN

Mark’s POV

I loved trips to South Carolina. I always had such a good time hanging out with Daniel and Ryan, and we always seemed to film great videos together there. That being said, it still felt good to get back to my home, where Claire was. I missed her, even though I had only been gone for a few days.

“Honey, I’m home!” I announced when I got inside, and I chuckled to myself a little.

“Hey babe!” I heard Claire holler from somewhere else in the apartment. I headed to our bedroom, where I knew she was hiding. Sure enough, she was sitting on the bed, typing away on her phone. I set my bag down and sat down next to her on the bed.

“Did you miss me?” I asked, wrapping my arms around her.

“I don’t know,” she joked, pretending that she had to really think about it.

“Hm, okay. Well, did you miss this?” I wondered. I pushed some of her hair aside and sucked on her neck, hoping to get a reaction out of her.

“It’s hard to say,” Claire lied, acting like it didn’t phase her at all.

“I could easily keep going with this, ya know,” I told her.

“Okay, fine. I missed you,” she gave in, pecking me on the lips.

“I thought so. I missed you too.”

“How did things go with Daniel and Ryan?”

“Pretty good. We made some awesome stuff, as usual,” I smiled. “How have things been here? Anything interesting happen while I was gone?” Claire had been wearing a grin, but it slowly turned into a slight frown.

“I talked to Stephanie,” she admitted. That was something that should have made her happy, but she seemed down in the dumps about it.

“Yeah?”

“Yeah. We talked about some pretty serious things,” she continued, and I was suddenly worried.

“Like what?”

“Well, my period’s pretty late.”

“Did you talk to your doctor or anyone about it? It’s probably because of the birth control thing,” I remembered.

“It could have been,” Claire said eerily, looking down at the bed instead of at me.

“But it’s not?” A terrible, nervous feeling began to develop in my stomach. There were a million reasons why she could be late, but she seemed so worried and upset. It could only be one thing.