.:One:.

Living as a standard, normal, common hunter was, well, standard, normal and common. Carina no doubt thought it was a tad bit boring being a normal huntress whose job is to just strode around between hundreds, thousands, maybe even millions of greenery and the peaceful sound of pure mother nature, making sure she went home with something to eat either it was a flora or a fauna.

She desired just a little amount of excitement, fun, some challenge perhaps? Hunting for food to survive was easy, but searching for excitement, fun and the challenge she desired was going to be a little bit of a challenge itself. Yes, it was a challenge, but as many years went by, Carina tends to find this "challenge" a little boring and sort of childish in her own mind.

Once again, the young huntress strolled through the woods in the day on her horse and only companion, whom Carina called Quinn. She eyes everything that rustled, moved, ran or walked; however, she finds no luck in searching her livestock. Fortunately, she had quite a stash of food at home, but Carina didn't want to stay at home and look pretty, like how most men expect women to do.

Carina continued on her journey in search of her desired fun, still, the sun by now was already above Carina's head and her hands were still holding her sword and the leather reigns to control Quinn in the exact same position from when she began her hunt. Drops of her sweat began to form on the leather handle of her sword as she did hold on it tightly; even Quinn seemed bored of their journey.

The sky darkened as they explored deeper into Mother Nature, pulling strings out of Carina's curiosity as they journeyed even deeper in the woods. No longer were they in the woods, greenery began to fade on their path and they could hear no more of the singing birds just like in the woods where the skies were still a bright blue and the sun shining brightly.

Soon enough, no green was spotted as the hooves of Quinn step foot onto what seemed like dry grass and very, very dark soil, as if they were coal. The skies were more of an orchid purple and bits of hot pink every here and there were seen up at the hanging sky.

Carina had never wandered into such a dark place and it was very odd because she has wandered every corner of the forest, why has she not seen this place before? Adventuring even farther away from home, Carina began to think if this was the adventure she sought her whole life, the excitement, her story perhaps?

Grinning, Carina sheathed her sword excitedly and quickened the pace by tugging on Quinn's leather reigns. She searched high and low for the adventure she lusted over, but after a long hour, her hope died away. There was nothing to be sought here, this place was just a gloomy place.

"Where will I ever find the fun here? Surely, there is no way, I might as well go home," she sighed, tugging again on her steed's reigns with her right hand, intending to find the right road to return home. Since she knew nothing about this place she had just discovered, she began to think she was lost, owning to the fact that there seemed to be piles of cut thorn bushes and there were even some that seemed fresh, some were even burnt.

Carina remarked, "Did a battle just commence before I came? Still, it doesn't explain the fact why the ground and the sky are so dark."

The place she discovered was surprisingly silent and calm, the only sound available was the clicking hooves of Carina's horse. Until she heard something breathed loudly, Quinn stopped immediately at his tracks, obviously frightened. Carina's head buck around, deducing that sound might come from a huge creature. The breathing was no longer heard as Carina commanded Quinn to move forward again, the scene fell silent.

Silent no more the place became as it raised to a loud cry, no, a roar. Again, Quinn came to a frightened halt. Carina forced him to keep moving as the roars continued. The beast-like sounds reached an unbearable volume; it probably shook the whole earth! Carina figured the roars were very near, spotting a large and dark cliff covering the source of the loud sounds.

Just as she was about to make Quinn turn on the corner, green fire were spitted into the sky, the heat splattering almost everywhere. Quinn quivered but Carina still told him to turn on that very corner that could lead the answer to this monstrous sound.

Behind the large rocks, on the very same ground Carina and Quinn stepped foot on, under the very same purple-pink sky was a large dragon.