.:Two:.

The beast was large, it was four or even five times her own size, it owned bright golden eyes that seemed to resemble those like a reptile, horns sprout from each side of the head, looking very sharp and intimidating.

The creature cried out its loud roar, spitting more green flames in the air, catching sight of Carina and Quinn. The horse she rode reared high in the sky until the huntress fell on the murky ground, hitting her bum quite well. Her sword fell out of her hands and slipped near the dragon, all of her items she carried with her on Quinn all began to descend to the ground as well.

The horse ran off into a random direction, not caring whether he got lost, all that mattered was that he made a long, reasonable distance from the ferocious creature they had found.

"Quinn! Come back!" Carina yelled for the animal, but it was too far away to even hear what Carina said, even if Quinn did hear her, he would've not listened anyway since he was too afraid to come any nearer.

She sighed and stood on her feet again and stared at the dragon.

It only stared back at Carina with the reptile golden eyes it owned, one of its strong arms laying on the ground whilst the other can move around freely. Millions of purple to black scales covered the body of the monster, gleaming under the faint light of the dark sky. Two large, fearsome wings attached to its scaly body, well, at least one of them. The other was visible for Carina to see but she couldn't find the other one.

Courageously, the young female neared the fearsome creature. The dragon didn't seem to move as its slanted eyes gazed at her, following where she went. Carina finally discovered what happened to its other wing, it was beneath a fairly huge rock. Though the rock was barely half the size of the dragon itself, the wing couldn't compare its strength to it.

The dragon was well aware that if he forced the wing to slip out from under the rock, he would be half wingless for the rest of his life. The heavy rock would rip out part of his wing, tugging on a few of the wing's bones, which would pain the creature also as the bones underneath the rock might already be fractured due to the great amount of weight.

Feeling pity for the beast, Carina examines the ground underneath the huge rock. A plan formulated in her head, Carina grinning as she hurries to search for her sword. The shiny weapon glimmered in the corner of her eye, turning her head, Carina's face crumbled lightly when she finds it right near the scaly animal.

The dragon followed her gaze and glanced at the sword near him, sensing that the girl needed it but was probably afraid to reach for it because of the fearsome looks the dragon had. Before attempting to push the weapon towards Carina, the huntress was already in front of the creature. Without hesitation, she beamed at him, reaching out her hand to pet his head, in hope to gain his trust.

The dragon cocked his head back when she attempted to touch his scaly head, breathing out fairly hot air from his nostrils, which caused Carina's loose hair to swing slightly. Instead of feeling frightened like how the dragon expected her to be, she giggled and tucked the loose hair in behind her ears.

"Don't worry, I come in peace, I just need your trust, it's all I ask from you, dragon," she said, reaching her hand out again, this time a little bit more gently than before, seeming he was startled by her sudden action. Slowly, but surely, the dragon led its head back to Carina, careful trying not to burn her face and skin with its hot breath as it was a fire-breathing dragon.

The huntress's finger finally touched the rough scaly skin he had. Though, she found each scale silky to the skin as she began to pet its head. Carina gazed at its golden eyes, deeply staring into them while she kept petting. After a moment of staring into the dragon's mesmerizing eyes, she pet the scaly head once more before giving one last pat to it.

She grinned hard at the thought of petting the dragon she had just encountered, feeling special that the dragon had trusted her in the least, especially at how scary it looked.

The dragon breathed out a cloud of hot air, tickling Carina in the neck, where she began to giggle. She said to him, "Excuse me, I just need to get my sword to help you get that wing of yours out of there." He stared at her for a moment before removing his scaly arm away from the sword and withdrew his head to let Carina pick her weapon up from the murky ground.

Carina bent down her spine to reach for her metal sword, once her hand felt the familiar leather feeling, she returned to the rock and knelt down. With her hand, she scans the soil for a soft spot the sword can stab through. She finds a fairly soft spot and pokes her finger to make sure it really was soft. With the sword, she made sure she didn't aim for the dragon's wing as she stabbed the sword into the ground, where cracks began to appear near one side of the rock.

The purple dragon cocked his head, confused by Carina's actions. The female pulls out the sword and dropped it, making a loud clang on the hard ground. She reaches for her bag where she brought with her a canister of fresh water from home. She needn't to worry about getting more water because she still had a lot more.

Carina poured half of the canister of water in between the cracks she created with her sword. The dark soil became even darker; the neighboring harder soil began to moist and darkened as well. Waiting for a few moments, Carina stole a glance at the creature who watched her. Seeing the dragon indeed was watching her, she beamed at him.

"I'll get you out of there if it's the last thing I do."