.:Thirteen:.

Traveling home was hard for me. I wished that I just flew away and never came back to Mal. Until now, I still haven't told him and I'm beginning to regret not telling him because this will surely leave to my timely death which is more likely to turn me into a turkey the goons can feast on for Christmas later on this year.

Well, I was better off as a raven than a feathery turkey, obviously.

Reaching the hall like we always do when he transported us home, I could see him grinning out and about as I cawed at him from his shoulder blade, telling him to turn me human. He cleared his throat slightly before gesturing his fingers in the air, chanting the spell to shift me back to human.

I hopped off his shoulder once I feel my wings fading away as my pale fingers began to sprout. Brushing off the excess black feathers from my skin, Mal began to leave the hall.

I clicked my tongue as I began to follow his footsteps, saying nothing as I shut the heavy doors behind me before following him again down the eerie hallway. Oddly, Mal spoke of nothing when we walked past the lit green torches, he would at least say a word or maybe I did.

But I guess I feel like this may not be the greatest time to tease him about Carina, she's so precious to him, I was once snapped at for calling her beautiful and smart! I mean, I know my boss likes her . . . a lot. I always saw Carina as my friend, besides Mal of course, she really was an angel, if only I said that aloud to Mal, he'd have me crawling on my belly as a worm until dawn.

And trust me; you do not want to know what it feels like to almost be eaten by birds and rats. Blergh.

Besides, if I did want to talk to him, what would the conversation be about anyway? I didn't dare tease him about her, not after that turkey scene I won't. I kept silent the rest way down the hallways towards the basement again, no idea what he was going to do there. New spell? Regain Carina's ability to recall who he was? Maybe, either way, I still followed him down there.

Reaching the heavy doors, I could see my friend pushing it with so much enthusiasm, a grin on his face almost. It was definitely rare to see him in such a state; it was probably the effect from his meeting with Carina. I follow behind him, closing the door afterwards. I pull a nearby wooden chair and sit on it backwards, an old habit since I was turned human.

I boringly watched Mal shuffle through his books, constantly, a flying book would come right at his face while he held another book in his hands. And that floating book would sometimes even fly towards my direction, for a man like Mal, he's pretty messy.

I yawned, wanting to fall asleep and hopefully a book doesn't hit me in the face while I doze away. Just when I closed my eyes, a book literally hit the top of my head. I yelped, "Oof!" Mal turned his head to find the source of my voice, chuckling lightly before shaking his head and flipping through more books, a few floating here and there.

I grab the book from my head and happened to be on the page of a love spell. A simple love spell I'm sure Mal could cast, why would he look for something like that?

Especially . . . Carina, Carina . . . crap. Carina! I haven't told him, darn it! He's going to kill me, so much for dozing off peacefully. Even if I did return to my chambers to get a much rather peaceful setting to sleep in, sleeping with my conscience this bulky was like sleeping on a rock. My stomach twists and turns like crazy, I felt like I needed to go but I know it was just a false alarm.

The basement here was an average temperature, it wasn't too cold nor was it too hot. Yet, here I was, sweating underneath this simple black vest and coat, much thinner than the garments Mal was wearing. I showed more skin than him, definitely. I got the more breeze, but he was the one without the beads of sweat!

What was I going to tell him? Beat around the bush, like, "Hey, please don't kill me Mal, I didn't know how to say this, blah, blah, blah . . ." or just straight up "Mal, I gotta tell you, that Carina is a--"

"DIAVAL!"

"Huh?! What?!" I yell, straightening my back as I hear my name being yelled loudly. I dart my head around in search of Mal, to see him with his hand held out to me, I notice all the books he had tossed magically returning to shelves.

"The book," he requested. I look down and find the book in my hands, throwing it at him before rubbing my eyes and standing up, assuming his business down here was finished. He looked at me before letting the book float away to a random empty spot in the shelves, he said, "If you're tired, you should have told me, Diaval. I could go alone."

"Go alone? Where are you going?" I question, completely clueless as he shook his head, sighing.

"To my three brothers, you do remember them, don't you? Florian, Fawn and Palinouros?"

Those three goody guardian angels were Mal's complete opposites! He never liked those three winged creatures and why was he going to visit them? Odd. What's with the Carina effect? Has it not rubbed off of him?

"Er, I do! Just to, uh, clear things up, Mal," I gulped nervously, tugging at the collar of my black coat he had given me long ago, I added, "Why are we visiting them?"

He grinned before taking the steps up to the door, he answered, "I am planning to reverse the curse on The Moors, dear friend, since I could find nothing about that matter in any of the books I own, I shall ask my brothers for a spell that can do so.

"I want to see my old friends and your home. Of course, it will always be your home, Diaval. Now come, if you are too exhausted, I shall have no issues leaving you here to rest."

"Uh, I'll come with you! It's fine," I lie, a bead of sweat tickling my back, my heart pounding like it has never pounded before. I so regret saying that to him. Maleficent only smiled and gestured me to come up with him, I nod my head with a fake smile.

I hate you, Carina. He's going to kill me for this. I. Hate. You.