.:Three:.

The soil became fully soft. Carina cracked her knuckles before kneeling down and began to dig through it. She dug as deep as she could, when she found dry and hard soil, she would pour more of her water until it became soft again and continued to dig until it was big and deep enough for the rock to move on to. She stopped when she caught sight of the rock beginning to crumble a little, indicating it was moving a little.

Carina smiled and dug a little more and snatched the canister of water away from the scene and her sword. She places her tools far away from the pit she had made and moved to the opposite side of the rock, where she saw the dragon's long tail and his other two scaly legs.

Carina began to push the boulder into the pit, struggling a little; the dragon knew he had to help her. With the last of his strength, he used his weak tail and leg to help roll the rock forwards with Carina. She beamed and vigorously pushed the rock harder until it finally rolled into the pit where the dragon's wing was finally free.

Nonetheless, his wing was heavily injured, blood painted on the rough rock where he had his wing trapped underneath. Carina gasped at his wound and quickly tried to stop the bleeding.

"Can you close together your wing? I need to stop it from bleeding," Carina asked him, the dragon attempted to do what Carina told him, weakly, he was able to close his wing, making it easier for Carina to stop the bleeding.

She gathers all the cloth she had with her and tied them together. Satisfied with how her cloth came out to be, she tied it around the injury where it was bleeding. Taking another piece of article, Carina pours the fresh water onto it until it was fairly damp. She continued by wiping away the blood until it was clean.

She sighed at how much she had to do help this poor creature heal, but she couldn't leave him to die here and besides, she had nothing else to do. Though this wasn't the excitement she sought through her life, but it was the least fate can give her and she was happy enough to know fate gave her a dragon to take care of.

"We have a lot to do, buddy; you can't go anywhere until you're healed. I'm Carina De Nova, by the way, it's nice to meet you," she beamed, cleaning the remaining blood on his wing. The dragon nodded his head, understanding what she said to him.

Carina, surprised by the fact he understood her. "Do you need a name?" Carina thought it wasn't the best idea to randomly name an animal, especially if it was a dragon, plus, this one knew what she was saying! The dragon shook his head at her. "Very well, dragon."

---------------------------------------------

It's been a few weeks since I've been under Carina's care and I was still surprised she hasn't named me yet, even though I didn't let her since I already had one myself, normally, well, at least I would have expected someone to name me already by now.

Another thing I didn't understand about her was that she was brave enough to help get that boulder off my wing, every person who has found me struggling under that rock, they would either run away or attempted to play around with me, taking advantage as I was stuck under that rock.

But that didn't stop me from scaring them off for those who were only playing with me, I did not hesitate in spitting out the green fire I breathed as a dragon, letting them burn themselves to death while they ran away in search of water to put out the hot fire, but I doubt they even reached the river from here.

The day fell dark and crickets began to tune in into the silent night, as I rested with my wing that already recovered, Carina came back with a pile of cut thorn bushes in her arms and dropped them on the ground in the cave we decided to inhabit as our temporary shelter.

She smiled at me, sitting down on a rock. I could only stare at her deeply into those warm hazel brown eyes, how was it possible for her to have that eye color look so beautiful?

Regardless, she still looked beautiful in them. Oh, curse my bloody thoughts!

"Are you going to let yourself freeze to death?" She suddenly said, across from me as she gulped down her canister of fresh water she retrieved from the river. I shook my head and quickly spit flames onto the dry, cut thorn bushes she collected for the both of us.

Hearing her giggle, I felt relieved inside and this odd warm and fuzzy feeling in my stomach . . . am I getting sick? Surely, I hope not.