.:Fifteen:.

Finishing the last few areas of The Moors that afternoon, Mal smiled at how much he has made so many creatures happy in just two days. Even Diaval never seemed that joyful. Mal had built his companion a tree house of his own, something Diaval had been wanting for a few years, yet, Mal never fulfilled his wishes until this day.

He enjoyed his new home, making Mal smile internally. He was glad his friend was happy to have a home.

"Thank you, Mal," Diaval breathed, after running around The Moors a few times with so much enthusiasm. He smiled like a small child, resulting Mal to smile proudly inside once again before clearing his throat with a small nod.

"You are very welcome, Diaval," he said to him before stepping away from his current location and moving away to his castle to fix himself for Carina's party she was invited to. He yelled, "Diaval, we shall leave for the party soon! Prepare yourself!"

He had been smiling to himself and thinking about this event all day, he only accepted because he knew Carina was going to be there, wherever she may be, he'll always try to find a way to be with her and attempt to make her remember again, if not, tell her who he was at some point.

Thinking about that problem, should Mal tell her tonight?

The sorcerer shakes his head repeatedly and ruffles a bit of his raven hair, letting a few pieces of it land on his forehead. He clicked his tongue and licked his lips, biting them afterwards as he sped his way to his chambers to freshen up.

He's been working on reversing the curse on The Moors all day and it was worth all the trouble, his people were happy now. They needn't to suffer under his curse caused by his own personal problem, he sure did need to lift it and here were the results. Honestly, Mal missed his old home too, he couldn't lie about that. What made him really upset were his wings.

His sawed off wings. How painful were the first days without them. He wondered if he ever was going to retrieve them, hopefully he will one day, if not tomorrow then soon. Mal smiled, determined to retrieve his wings.

He readied himself, he bathed, and he fixed his dark hair and switched to a different set of clothes. He looked at himself in the mirror and took a few deep breaths to calm himself down.

"I don't want to keep Carina waiting, I shall fetch Diaval now," he claims, exiting his chambers, closing the doors behind him as he went to fetch Diaval from his doors.

Arriving, he knocked, saying, "Diaval, we shall be leaving soon!" He hears shuffling sounds from the other side, the door began to shake a little as Mal stepped back before he hurt himself. The door burst open to reveal Diaval much better looking than before. He shuts the door behind him with a goofy grin.

"Let's go!" He grinned, marching off to the front gates, Mal following behind him with a shake to his head as the sun outside began to descend some more. He watches his friend march in a silly matter towards the front doors, chuckling behind him as his march grew sillier.

His raven hair had been slicked back; he wore a black shirt layered with a leather vest. His pants were still the same though he replaced his regular shoes with high boots that reached his knees.

Oh, Diaval's effort for this party just to see Carina but Mal was like him too, he wore a different attire, perhaps it was an attire he only saved for special occasions. Maybe Diaval had the same idea.

Maleficent spots his companion stop by the doorway that was already half opened, still with the same toothy grin he wore ever since he left his room. He said, "Come on! We can't be late! Carina is going to kill us!"

Mal laughed, "Diaval, she will not kill us." Diaval rolled his eyes as Mal added again, "Do you want to become human later on?"

"Can I?" The eyes of Diaval lit up with so much intensity, Mal smiled as he nodded at his friend. Diaval began to jump around as Mal cleared his throat, not so much of a fan of his childishness. He notices his master's disapproval and grinned a guilty smile. "Sorry."

The sorcerer shakes his head before gesturing him to come closer to him. Diaval obliged easily as he watched his master wave his fingers like he usually does before muttering a spell, "I call upon the powerful breeze, to departure in the king's castle. To arrive with more ease, without any such hassle."

And on command, the same green flames ate them alive and moments later, the roaring fire spits them out in the center of a courtyard. The life inside Diaval sinks down low, pulled by gravity almost instantly. He feels lightheaded and finds his stomach beginning to twist itself into knots in anxiousness.

"Here comes my timely death, turkey feathers here I come," he said to himself as he watches his master head towards the gates where guards were asleep, in anticipation, he pushes the gates by himself and roams the castle.

Diaval gulped as he continued to follow. Not coming to his senses, Diaval suddenly bumps into Mal, not aware he had stopped in front of the castle doors where the guards were nowhere to be found.

"Diaval, must I say this place does recall me of a certain information, but I cannot recall what," Mal wondered, turning his head towards his companion who was still dazing. "Diaval? Did you even listen to what I said?" he questioned him, slightly upset.

Diaval shakes his head repeatedly and nodded his head. He actually did listen to what Mal said; he only just doesn't have the mood to speak anymore. Mal only raised his eyebrow at him but shrugs and says, "Very well then."

They continued their journey into the castle, where some guards came into sight; they did not welcome him at all. They only stood with pale faces, Mal even attempted to smile at them, but they did respond, confusing the sorcerer.

Diaval cleared his throat and gulped once more before whispering to his master, "Mal, I'd much rather be in my raven form right now. I'll inform you later when I want to become human."

Mal nods his head and casually waves his fingers and chants his usual spell as Diaval shrunk into his true form as a raven. The black bird flapped its wings and landed on Mal's shoulder blade, not letting a caw escape his beak at all.

He glances at the guards behind them, some were still pale and some were even fainting just at the sight of Mal. Yet, Diaval still did not want to tell his master anything.

From afar, Maleficent could see a few people standing by a large door, probably a door to where the event was commencing. He smiles in anticipation, Diaval gulping internally as he kept himself silent from Mal's shoulder blade. More people began to pour out the hall they were from, as Mal neared the door, they all stopped and turned pale at the sight of the green sorcerer.

"Why are all the people not so welcoming? Who could Carina possibly be friends with when all the people here don't even smile?" He wonders in his head as he shrugged, passing by the people who stared at him.

He enters the room, stealing all the attention from the people there. They all turned their heads and turned pale as well, some running already, some children who were the guests ran to their families and began to cry, or some just seemed frightened.

Mal thinks, "It's the stories about me, is it not? The same old myths of the evil fairy who lived in a castle amongst the garden, The Moors? What has gotten into humans?" Again, he shrugs, attempting to find his friend Carina in the middle of the crowd.

His eyes meet the hazel brown eyes of his new friend; his heart skips a beat when he familiarizes with the same dirty blond hair. Oddly, the crowd began to part, showing more of his beloved Carina. The huntress stood in her clean and strong silver armor, her hair braided to one side, a few loose pieces framing her freckled face.

Carina turns her head and waves at Mal when her eyes met his golden orbs. Yet, she doesn't move from her position, she just continued to flash her signature pretty smile and wave at him, the beautiful aura she owned.

Mal returned her smile, ignoring the stares from the people who surrounded him. He turns his head towards Carina's right side, smile dropping down to the Earth's stomach.

Diaval began to caw repeatedly.