.:Seven:.

Many years took place, Carina still the very same girl as she was when she met Maleficent and Diaval in their animal forms. With her new gifts she still hasn't figured out they were actually from the dragon, she became unstoppable.

Any monstrous beast that needed slaying was easily defeated by the sword Mal conjured for her, in the hand of the huntress herself. When she needed more protection than just her blade, the shield she was given protected her finely, the leather straps on the back of the shield luckily fit her perfectly just like how Mal prayed for it to be.

She admired how pretty the shield actually looked, not only was it strong and unbreakable, which was one of the things Carina found confusing to her, she liked how the elegant decals at the front decorated the shield nicely. She hung it proudly on her house walls let's not start with her courageous and witty steed! Carina loved him as if he were to be gone by tomorrow, Dragon reminded her of the real dragon who left her with his bird friend all of the sudden.

Carina took her sword, her shield and fetched Dragon from his stable where Quinn used to live in, only God knows where that horse went. Dragon nuzzled his nose into Carina's hands, the huntress giggling madly at his gesture before lightly pecking the horse and placing all her necessities she might need in her journey today.

After her little adventure with the dragon, it definitely tired her out and got her to stay at home and cancel her hunting journeys for a few days, which also meant eating her life stock, which was why she needed to hunt today until she had quite a batch then she'll rest. Throwing herself on Dragon, she tugged on the leather reigns and they began their journey in the woods.

Diaval continued to watch the huntress on her steed. The raven flapped its wings to follow Carina in the woods in the air, keeping a good eye on her. Maleficent had ordered him to watch over Carina for him while he focuses on plotting his revenge on Aurora and Phillip.

Well, tried to focus on plotting his revenge on them. After years and years of plotting some type of revenge, Carina was always in between the slots, where it gets really bad. When Carina was on his mind, he couldn't stop. It's Carina this, Carina that. His hideous goons were too foolish to even notice anything about their master. But of course, Diaval being his closest friend saw how obvious it was.

Diaval kept watching over Carina who kept getting stronger and stronger every day, and when the day ends, either Carina was washing up, eating or feeding Dragon in his stables, the raven would always take a flight back to his master to report how Carina was doing, mostly good ones, Maleficent doubt he would get a report saying Carina got herself in trouble, even if Carina did hurt herself in one of her hunting days, he knew Carina can take care of herself. Mal can definitely see that trait of hers when she healed his broken wing.

The sorcerer stared out his window, attempting to formulate a plan. "I'll send Diaval to watch over Aurora and Phillip for a few days. Carina will be fine, right? ARGH! Not Carina, not Carina! No, I'll keep sending Diaval to watch over her, maybe, I'll watch over them myself? Then who'll keep control of the goons? I'll doubt they'll do anything smart whilst I'm gone," sighing again that day, Mal watches the hideous henchmen he conjured; he couldn't understand what went wrong in his conjuring spell.

They foolishly played with each other, some were even fighting over who knows what, and all Mal knew is that it didn't concern him unless it really was a serious matter. The sorcerer felt lazy to conjure a better and stronger army for his own as it was near to impossible to conjure a few batches. He did the conjuring spell of his goons long ago but he still couldn't understand what made them . . . like this.

He couldn't understand what went wrong; he did exactly what the book had told him to! Mal was of course confused of the matter but it was better than nothing, besides, it took quite a while to conjure those fools and who knows if he tried that spell again, more foolish goons would stress him out more than he already was with his first attempt.

Mal licked the tip of his pearl white fang as he watched his goons fool around, rubbing his chin attempting to formulate another plan, yet, his mind always wandered back to Carina. "Why is it always Carina? How is she doing this to me?! I have to forget about her if I want to plot a proper revenge on those fools. Of course! A forgetting spell might solve this problem, it's quite annoying me. I have not tried a charm spell on myself before, but I must! I'm sure it is safe for me to spell myself."

Raising his hands to chant the spell, he closed his eyes shut and muttered, "To my mind, I wish upon you, I plead to you to leave me spared. The fair huntress who cared me with no issue, forget this affair the huntress and I shared."

Since the results of the spell made no change physically, Mal felt nothing, maybe he didn't realize it sooner but did he forget it completely? Before he chanted the spell, he hoped it really did work and so far, all of his magical spells had worked, excluding the mysterious failed attempt of conjuring an army.

After the spell was performed, his mind was blank. He turned around mindlessly until he heard the flaps of his bird Diaval nearing. He spots the raven fly in through the open window where Maleficent, at the wave of his fingers, shifted Diaval in his human form when he entered the hall completely.

"Carina's doing fine, Mal," he reported, turning his head to the sorcerer. 

"Very well, I doubt Carina will get . . ."

"What? Get herself in trou--"

"That God damned spell did not work on me! I'm sure I performed the spell right!" Mal yelled, throwing his arms in the air frustrated. He stomped pass Diaval who knew nothing of his situation. His master stormed out of the throne room, still upset his spell did not work.

Diaval knew one thing, is that he had to follow him to wherever he was going to make sure Mal was going to be okay, especially after that event with Carina performed right before his eyes.

"What spell didn't work?" His companion had questioned him, Mal still stomping his way on the stone staircase.

He decided to really check whether he did the spell incorrectly or not, he was sure he did it correctly! What went wrong this time? It was a simple charm spell that any sorcerer or sorceress could do, he's tried it a few times on his goons and they worked finely on them! Yet, when he attempted to do the same on himself, it did not work? Diaval kept following behind him, "Mal! Slow down, would you? Just tell me what happened!"

"Don't order me what I should or should not do, Diaval!" He yelled, pushing open the heavy wooden doors that led to a room in the basement of the castle where he kept his tools and various spell books when he needed them and at the moment, he really did need it. He pulled at the worn out hard cover books on his bookcase, every book he had and there were many of them.

He remembered that the said book was a navy blue and he remembered it was at the beginning of the book, unfortunately, he had many books that resembled the certain one in his mind. "Diaval, pull any navy blue colored book and search for a forgetting charm spell this once!"

"Gotcha," he followed the same action, taking the higher shelves as Mal took the lower ones. They pulled book after book, flipping page after page and when they didn't succeed, they would toss the book and repeat the same steps in search of that charm spell. After a few more books, Diaval managed to find the spell Mal was looking for. "Hey, Mal, found it!"