.:Seventeen:.

From afar, he watched as the guards began to seize Carina with their sharp spears pointed at her, never has he ever saw Carina so frightened in his life and it almost broke his heart to see her in such a state. He grew angry. Diaval could only keep silent behind him as he took a few steps away from him.

"ENOUGH!"

And without the chant of a spell, everyone in the hall, except for Phillip, Aurora, Diaval, Quincy and Carina, froze. His anger was taking control and usually, most of his spells were automatic.

Carina's face was flooded with tears, her heart pounding so fast when the spears almost poked her in the waist. Breaking down, the huntress fell down to the floor, letting her sorrow pour out after being bottled inside her for so long.

Hearing the weeps of the female, Quincy who had woken up from his sleep and began to mumble inaudible words, the mom, began to fear for its life as she was foots away from the crib. She didn't dare move to the other side to fetch her infant.

Carina only continued to weep her heart out, breaking Mal's heart several times. With the anger building up inside of him, he glares at the two in front of him and takes a brave step forwards, his golden eyes glowing furiously.

He chants, "A curse placed on the dear child, with the powers I own within me. Taken as my very own, let it beguiled, however by sixteen it shall be free." And on command, green smoke and flames began to engulf the hall as Mal repeated the spell until he thought it was sealed enough.

Quincy watched the green show above him as some green sparkling type of dust were sprinkled on him as he sneezed when some landed near his nose, he then giggled. The small child began to play with the green flame shaped like a small person who danced around to entertain the boy, then it shifted into a dove that glided around Quincy's crib then returned and finally shifted into a rose where it popped as the petals landed on him and some on his nose, sneezing again at the gentle touch, he giggles.

"Maleficent, please, not my child! We are doing this by law, you have no rights to go against it!" Aurora pleaded as Carina finally began to gather herself togetherness and stood, wiping away the excess tears. Seeing she was finally on her feet, Aurora added, "She has invited you, Maleficent, who cursed me with the 100 year sleep curse to my kingdom! Do you not see that as betrayal?"

Carina's chest was stabbed again as her only real friend said that to Mal. Right now, she had no clue which side she on. Perhaps, she was on her own?

"Oh, sweet Queen Aurora," Mal chuckled, taking another step forwards towards the two with a sinister smile. "I'm not going against the law," he said. "You are. You see, you have not even heard her explanation yet!

"Blurting out an immediate execution to an innocent suspect you charge guilty when you haven't even seen any proof? And finally, as an act to take my vengean--"

"Then where is it?!" Phillip demanded. Carina running away from her location and to fetch Quincy who was only enjoying himself in the crib like nothing was happening.

"Hey, buddy, how are you doing?" Carina giggled, lifting the baby off from the his crib as she wrapped him in his white blankets. Quincy began to giggle again as he played with his finger, suddenly interested in them. Carina kisses his forehead before standing with Diaval who seemed to be frightened as well. Carina looks at him and asks, "Who are you?"

He bows down. "Diaval, Miss De Nova, at your service."

"And you there, take your filthy betraying hands off my son!" The king ordered to the huntress. Carina scoffs and holds the infant closer to her with no hesitation.

"Keep Carina out of this, Phillip," Mal hissed, narrowing his eyes at him. Aurora clutches onto her husband's forearm tightly as she stares at her friend she had just betrayed hold her child she had abandoned.

Maleficent laughs lowly before concluding, "As I said in my curse for the two of you, the child shall not be yours for his first sixteen years, and as promised, I shall return him after said years. However, if I find the both of you attempting to take him back, another year will be added, understood?"

Phillip opened his mouth to say something, but his wife stopped him, nodding her head desperately. The king sighed and agreed. Maleficent mocks them with a bow and walks back to Diaval and Carina with Quincy in her arms, rocking him gently with a motherly smile.

Deep down, his feelings of love for her blooms more when he saw how beautiful she looked, imagining she really was the mother of the infant. Nearing them, Diaval looks up from the child and keeps his mouth straighter than a line, nodding his head slightly, Mal returned it. Carina only glared at the sorcerer.

"Please, do not hurt him!" Aurora begged from afar.

"He is considered my own now," Mal replied. "How could I hurt it?"

"So what? I am going to follow you now?" Carina guessed, keeping a bland face.

"Indeed you are, Carina, you shall stay with me and Diaval as we three will raise Quincy together until he ages sixteen when he is ready to return. Of course, unless they attempt to take him back, I shall add another year," Mal said, smiling proudly rather. Carina winces in disgust.

"I cannot raise a child with two men who do not how to speak with honesty," Carina hissed, the two of them sighing before Mal teleports them back home.

They had a lot to discuss.