.:Sixteen:.

Waiting half an hour as I tried my best to display a smile to everyone who entered the hall, especially the men here who only desire to see me and not to attend and celebrate Quincy's birthday at all. Luckily, Aurora was the one next to me while Phillip was on the other.

I can't take that man anymore unless a fist flew at him, at least in the jaw. The small male child had just been born into this dangerous world just about a week ago, a few days before I took my leave and met Mal.

"I just hope Quincy doesn't have a personality resembling his father," I prays internally, attempting to smile when a man smirked at me, followed by another few, my cheekbones ache from the forgery. I longed to smile genuinely and truly to Mal.

Out of all the people there is in this world, I would only smile without a single forgery or force in it at my only close friend, Aurora, hopefully her son, Quincy and of course, the mysterious, handsome man named Mal I had met just yesterday.

I swore, how do those golden eyes looked so familiar? Could he have been the dragon I have taken care of many years ago while I was just a common huntress? His eyes resembles the beast's, his horns at the top of his head seemed to match the dragon based on my memory.

Maybe it was just a coincidence? No matter who he is, I wanted him to be my friend, a friend I can smile genuinely at just like how I would smile regularly at Aurora. I also prayed that I was able to do same with Quincy.

"Carina," called my friend from my right side. I turn my head, relieved finally to be able to rest my aching cheekbones.

My golden haired friend looked as astonishing as usual, her long, wavy hair neatly styled. A magnificent tiara placed at the top of her head to symbolize her royalty and title in the kingdom. A rather simple, but exquisite off-shoulder hot pink dress hugged her warmly with the lacy long sleeves sticking to her long arms. The twinkle in her diamond blue eyes and the gleam on her thin lips, curving into a beautiful smile.

And I still can't believe she married someone like Phillip! But I'm glad she was the mother of Quincy and was also my friend.

"Yes, your majesty? Is there anything I can help you with my service?" I replied politely, bowing my head, keeping my face bland to give it a minute to rest from forcing smiles. I raise my head again before smiling at her.

"I just want to say to you look absolutely beautiful today," she remarked, holding her hands together, a sweet smile on her pretty face. She added with a friendly grin, "I'm curious to why you have not tried a dress before, shall I fetch the maids some pieces for you to try on soon?"

"I apologize, your majesty, I refuse your offer. I am sure you are well aware that I am not the biggest fan of those type of outfits," I said to her, shaking my head with a soft giggle as she did the same. "Maybe another time."

"I highly agree with her opinion, my queen," Phillip sneers, causing me to glare at him. Aurora sighs and slumps back on her throne, embracing the debate between me and the so-called king. "I don't even think she would fit in any of the dresses you request the maids to fetch, even if so, I bet she would look hideous in it."

"I'd rather see you in a dress, my king, than myself. I am sure you would look absolutely gorgeous in one of them," Phillip scoffs at my respond for him. I smirk, spotting Aurora holding down a laugh in the corner of my eye. I continue, "I'm sure you're going to outshine your wife. Am I right, your majesty?" I turn completely to Aurora with a proud smile.

I see I have managed to make Phillip fume while Aurora began to die of laughter. She sits straight as she cleared her throat.

"Alright, you two dimwits! Will you two call it truce for once?" She said, still laughing.