.:Eight:.

Maleficent looked up from the current navy blue book and tossed it away carelessly on to the stone ground. Diaval hands him the hard cover book as Mal reads the instructions of performing the charm spell. "In order to perform this charm spell that will disable one's ability to recall of a certain affair or person, you must start with a calling towards one's mind, requesting a wish. Followed by a plead towards one's mind to leave him or her spared from the memory they wish to forget.

"Once done as said, you shall chant the memory itself to one's mind so it is aware which memory they desire to erase from your mind and add one or more main characters whom they shared the affair with if one desires to forget an event they have encountered. Add a trait or flaw of the person if one desires to be unable to recall a person. I did no flaw in performing the spell; I did exactly what it said!" Mal then threw the book that almost hit Diaval's face; luckily he caught it with ease.

"Maleficent, tell me what happened! We'll figure it, just calm down," he placed the book Mal threw at him back into a random empty spot in the shelves. Maleficent slumped himself on a wooden chair, a hand to his forehead.

Slowly, his finger slid from his forehead to his temple, rubbing onto it with a good amount of pressure to soothe his head. "I'll clean this up while you talk, okay? Okay," and without hearing out an answer, Diaval began to pick up some of the books that were on the cold ground, stacking them in his arms before randomly placing them on the shelf.

"There's no need for your help, Diaval," Mal said, waving his fingers, boringly watching the book that were in Diaval's arms float in the air and the other navy blue books he hasn't picked up.

The sorcerer rested his chin on his palm as the other hand that was controlling the floating books showed his index and middle finger tied to each other as he swiped to the left direction, the books arranging themselves neatly into the bookshelves.

"Er, okay then! That's done," Diaval exclaimed, dusting his opens hands and pulling a near chair and sitting on it backwards where the back of the chair sat in the front of the raven's chest. He faced the troubled sorcerer in front of him. "So . . . tell me what happened while I was gone?"

"As usual, everyday, you watch over Carina for me as I ordered you ever since I left her, which I am sure you are very aware," Mal sighed, resting his elbows on his thighs, his hands brought to his forehead. "I have been attempting to plot my revenge on that bloody prince for holding me at the verge of my death, if not for . . . C-Carina, I never would have been here and you would be wandering as a raven for the rest of your life.

"Unfortunately, you are very aware I have fallen for that huntress. And by so, she has bothered my mind ever since, which results me with no revenge on that prince whatsoever. Before you returned, I have attempted to cast a forgetting charm spell I have told you to search for me and as you can see, it did not work on me even though I did what the book had told me! Now I am never going to take my revenge if she keeps bothering my mind."

Diaval blinked, biting his bottom lip, raking his fingers into his jet black hair, he suggested, "You could always tell me to stop watching over Carina and reporting to you about her. It's been years, not that I'm complaining, Mal, but the longer this continues, the more you will get reminded of her and you will never forget her."

"I am very aware of that, Diaval, but unfortunately, I have thought about that before long ago. What if she does get herself in trouble?"

"Mal, you worry about her way too much! She'll be fine, I'm sure. You didn't worry about Stephenie when she left you!" The boy replied to his master.

"She left me! In this case, I left her. Regardless of that matter, Stephenie sawed off my wings for her own purposes which were to win another man she desired for and it was Prince Lee Roy who had her heart this whole entire time! Carina, on the other hand, my friend, she had me under her care for weeks like it was no issue.

"She would've been out there taking care of herself, hunting. I have kept her with me for too long, now that I've left her, how can I not worry about her?" Maleficent stood from his chair abruptly, swishing his dark cloak as he marched up the stairs, Diaval following behind him as he closed the heavy doors for him. Suddenly, Diaval's imaginary light bulb sparked on the top of his head.

"Maleficent?"

"Yes, Diaval?" Mal replied, stopping in his tracks, turning his back on his friend.

"Isn't love the most powerful thing in the world?

"Silence! I will talk no more about that matter! It dearly sickens me, Diaval," he snapped. Swishing his cloak again as he turned again to march for the stairs. Diaval ran after him.

"No, no! Hear me out for a second, Mal!" But his master didn't turn and kept marching up the stone stairs that led to the tallest tower of the whole castle, where Maleficent is more likely to be hanging out on the top balcony where he could see everything from up there.

Diaval said to him as he ran behind him, "Mal, hear me out here. That spell never worked because of love! You were hoping to forget someone you are in love with, in this case Carina. You worry about her, you gave her those gifts to her because you care about her and you want to protect her that's why you gave her those!

"You love her, Mal. I know I've said it before long ago, but you're trying to forget someone you love! Since I've learned love is the most powerful thing in the world, I assume that's why your spell didn't work, no matter how many times you repeat the spell correctly, your heart is still in love with Carina."

Maleficent stopped dead at his tracks abruptly, causing Diaval to bump into him. "So, you are concluding that I cannot do any spell or do my magic correctly because I am in love?"

"Not all, I guess some certain ones that really need you to get serious."

Mal stopped to think as he turned on his back to Diaval. He wanted to conjure an army while he was heartbroken by Stephenie. Whereas this love he's encountering was a good thing, none of his spells didn't come out wrong but the love he got from Stephenie was fake and he fell for her and he ended up heartbroken and as a result, when he attempted to conjure himself an army, what comes out were these hideous creatures. Now, Mal needed to forget Carina, whatever it took, he was begging to forget her.

"Diaval, what do you think I should do to forget about Carina? To really forget her?"

Diaval raised his eyebrow, "Well, if you really want to, I have to stop reporting to you about Carina." Mal flinched. Diaval continued, "You have to stop worrying about her. Just tell yourself she's fine, and last but not least," the boy smirked against his master, folding his arms, he added, and "Find other women."

"What? Wouldn't that mean I would have to love again? Diaval, you--"

"No, dear friend. Not that 'L' word. Take the 'o', 'v' and 'e' and replace with another set of three letters!"

"Diaval. No."

"What? I thought you wanted to forget Carina; I'm doing my best here! Get yourself distracted with other women!"

Then Diaval left Mal there alone to get himself some rest. Mal was doomed.