.:Five:.

The next day, the purple beast woke up at early dawn where he was the only one awake. His Carina slept peacefully under his large wing, the raven still snoring on Carina bags he called his new "nest". The dragon gazed out the cave to see the sky still a pale purple, the air a chill breeze floats into his nostrils.

He stood carefully, opening his wing that already recovered, he hoped he was able to fly today and if he could, he would shift back into his true form and wake Diaval up and make his way back to the castle, because staying here would only make his feelings of "love" for Carina grow worse. The dragon pulled out a piece of article that he knew belonged to the huntress and swung it above her body to use as her blanket while the dragon went on his way in attempt to fly.

He meets the cold breeze outside, the same scenery when his battle with Phillip commenced weeks ago, dry land, thorn bushes he conjured to slow that prince down and hopefully defeating him too.

The dragon inhaled the cold air and began to sprint, when he realized he was far enough from the cave, he flapped his recovered wings and prayed that he was able to fly this time. Determined, the beast rose from the ground and gravity was no longer under his feet. He flapped his wings harder to lift himself even higher in the dawn sky.

He sliced through the clouds, the cold wind passing by him, carrying him in the air as he glided gracefully. Once he knew, he was able to fly; he only had one thing to do. He needed to return to the cave, shift into his true form and return home with Diaval. But the thought of leaving Carina held him back just like how the bread situation bothered him last night.

The dragon troubled himself with his own thoughts as he landed near the cave and quickly chanted a spell to return to his true form. Green flames surround him, instead of being on four; he feels his arms return to him, his legs the way they were before, though the same horns sprouting from his head just like how he was as his dragon form.

The flames died away, revealing the sorcerer in his black, leather clothes, his purple and black cloak, the same greenish skin he owned. And the very same golden eyes in his irises, along with his staff on one hand. He stole a glance at his own hands, relieved he was finally himself again since it has been a few weeks since he's been himself.

He could still feel the incredible pain in he had gotten used to in his back where Stephenie sawed off his wings long ago. He was lucky he could imitate them as a dragon though he liked his older ones. Sighing, he crept into the cave where Carina was still asleep, Diaval still resting as well. He neared the sleeping bird and began to pat his head, in hope to wake him up gently.

The bird's eyelids lifted at the gesture, the bird turned its head to spot his master, he opened his beak to caw, the sorcerer quickly clipped together his beak, and a finger brought to his lips to tell him to be silent at the moment. His fingers unclipped from his beak as the bird hopped out of the bags and flapped quietly to his master's broad shoulder and watched what he was going to do next.

The bird expected him to chant a spell so they both could return home at the moment but he notices the troubled look on the sorcerer's face. His master gazed at Carina who was still asleep; he knew he had to do something. He couldn't just leave her especially after all that effort Carina did just to care for him.

She would have been out there, looking for food and having fun, not take care of a scary dragon that broke his wing after a ferocious battle with a prince who needs to save a sleeping princess whom the dragon himself cursed. His head turned in every angle, the raven resting on his shoulder blade following wherever his gaze went.

"Her sword is not good enough to fight off anything dangerous, and I fear she will hurt herself only because she owns such a poor quality sword," he whispered to Diaval, staring at Carina's sword that's beginning to crumble to a poor quality. The sorcerer nears the sword and plucks it from the ground, examining it.

To him, the sword could fall off into pieces in any day and without a sword, Carina was weaponless and she would have to make another one, which would also take her quite some time to mend herself. He sighed at the sight of her sword and chanted a spell under his breath, "I beseech to you, Mother Nature. Provide to me a sword from your hand, for this huntress who seeks adventure, to slay anything by her own command."

Right at his magical command, green flames ate the sword and died down revealing a much better quality sword. The metal blade was sharper, definitely stronger, he hoped the handle fitted Carina's hand better, so she would be much more comfortable handling the weapon. The handle itself was wrapped in cords of silk, a strong and protecting handle that would harden the opponent to disarm her. The blade itself had a very strong, magical aura, he was sure the sword can slay anything in Carina's way just like how he chanted it to be.

He places the sword near Carina who was still asleep. He searches for an idea again. "She needs more protection, Diaval," he said to his raven, the bird cawing lowly in agreement. He mumbled, "Father Sky, open your ears and hear my request, for I desire protection for this huntress. A shield to protect her from any pest, provide to her a shield to avoid injustice."

Again, with his spell, he conjured Carina an unbreakable shield for eternity. The shield made from the strongest metals in the world, elegant designs to decorate the front, a tight handle that he hoped would fit Carina perfectly. The same magical aura hugged the strong shield. The sorcerer satisfied with the new gift, he places it near the sword, and making sure he made no loud sound that could wake the girl up.

"That foolish horse named Quinn shows no loyalty to its owner, I shall conjure another that will stay by her side and accompanies her along her journeys," he remarked before muttering another conjuring spell. "Flora, Fauna, hear me, I tell you this, gift this huntress for she is in need. An animal able to save her from the abyss, to you, I plead, send her a witty and strong steed." Diaval cocks his head in every angle, confused when the chant didn't come true, he glanced at his master who still concentrated on his spell, which then came to life the next second.

The clicking of the hooves got both of them to turn their heads towards the source, spotting a strong, black steed walking and letting himself enter the cave. The sorcerer summoned all the necessary items for riding the horse, magically tying the reigns to a wood branch that sprouted from in between the rocks of the dark cave.

"Our job here is done, Diaval, we shall return," he claimed to his companion, muttering another spell before flames arose from his feet and engulfing the both of them, the green fire dying away where they saw themselves in the middle of his throne room. The raven cawed loudly before flapping away; his master chanted another spell that made Diaval shift into his human form.

"Man! It's been the hell a long time since I've been human," Diaval sighed, looking down at his feet which used to be the claws of a raven, his hands that used be black feathery wings and his face where there used to be a dark beak. He spot his master making his way to the throne and made himself comfortable on his seat. "So, now what? You're just going to leave Carina there?"

"I had no choice, Diaval, I had to and there was no other way," he replied to his companion, where he rested elbow on the arm rest, chin on his palm.

"Hey, Mal?"

"Yes, Diaval?"

"You fell in love with her, didn't you?"

Maleficent sighed, closing his eyes and resting his back on the chair. "Yes, Diaval, sadly I did."