Chapter 4

The feeling of someone gently shaking my arm wakes me up. My eyes pop open and I remember where I am. Annie stares down at me, already showered and dressed. "It's time to wake up. Dominic is waiting for you."

Rubbing my eyes, I kick the blankets off and get up. Following her out of the room, we walk down the hall where Dominic waits. "Good morning. Let's get you some clothes then I'll show you around."

I smile at Annie before following his lead. This room that was completely empty last night is buzzing with commotion from all the people. We pass the medical hallway and I vaguely wonder if Miles is still here. Maybe he lives here... We stop at a door labeled Wardrobe and Dominic turns to me. "Everything is organized by size, just like a store. I couldn't tell you where anything is because I never go in there but it's pretty self explanatory," he says. "Wear whatever you like but don't be long. I'll be over here."

"Okay," I say, entering the room.

I gasp at the sight. The walls have built in racks which hold a bunch of clothing. Opening one of the drawers, I find lingerie. There's everything from regular bras and panties to corsets and thongs. I pick out a matching black set before searching for a dress. A group of girls comes in laughing, sitting at one of the vanity's to do their hair and makeup. One of the girls stops beside me to pick out an outfit. "You new?" she asks.

"Yeah," I nod. "I'm Madison."

"Lily," she responds. "Don't know what to wear?"

"Not really," I admit. "I'm not really sure what to expect yet."

"What job did you choose?" she asks.

"Waitress in the strip club."

She nods before going to the wall behind me. "I'm the bartender in the strip club. All the waitresses wear this," she says, showing me a black shirt. It looks kind of like a corset with lace sleeves and a choker piece that wraps around your neck. "And this," she says, holding up a pair of black leather pants. "Pick any heels you'd like."

Walking to her, I take the items and find them in my size. Returning the bra, I grab a pair of black six inch pumps in my size. Going behind one of the curtains, I quickly change into the outfit. The shirt is short enough to display my belly ring and the pants are somewhat stretchy, making them more comfortable than I thought they'd be. When I walk out, Lily smiles. "Perfect. Let's do your hair and makeup."

"Dominic told me to hurry," I say, glancing at the door.

She rolls her eyes. "He'll be fine."

Sauntering over to me, she grabs my hand and pulls me over to an empty chair. "Nothing crazy," I mumble.

She smirks, looking behind me. "Hey, Cierra. Will you straighten her hair while I do her makeup?"

"Sure," a girl says, grabbing an already hot flat iron.

Grabbing a piece of my slightly wavy hair, she begins to straighten it as Lily starts on my makeup. By the time they're finished, I look stunning. I can't remember a time when I ever looked this good and it's a serious confidence booster. "Wow," I say in disbelief. "Thank you so much."

"No problem," Lily says. "I'll see you later."

"Okay," I smile, standing up.

Taking one last glance at myself, I exit the room. All the product in my hair and the perfume on my body create a delicious scent and I can't help but smile. This would cause some girls to shut down from the attention - but not me. I've never been very shy and the stares are empowering. When I stop at the bar next to Dominic, he does a double take. "Madison? Wow."

"I can't take any credit for this," I say. "The girls did it."

He shakes his head. "I'm not surprised. Let's go."

Standing, he begins walking and I follow him, feeling eyes on me the entire way. We get to a large office where a man in a black suit sits on the edge of his desk, tapping out a message on his phone. "Owen?" Dominic asks, stopping in the doorway. "Do you have a moment?"

"Sure. What do you need?" he asks, concentrating on his phone.

"We have a new member," Dominic says. "Her name is Madison. She has experience working in a club as a waitress and would like to continue working at the strip club."

He glances up quickly then does a double take when he sees me. I watch him carefully as he looks me over, his eyes trail down my entire body before meeting my eyes again. "Looks like you're already ready to work."

"I am," I reply. "The girls helped me get ready."

"Have a seat," he says, standing.

Dominic allows me to sit before sitting in the chair beside me. I cross my leg over the other, placing my hands on my lap. Mr. Carter closes the door before taking a seat behind his desk. "I brought her in last night. She shared a room with Annie," Dominic says.

He nods, looking at me. I take a moment to study him, noticing that his dark hair is perfectly in place and his dark blue eyes are looking into mine. "Tell me about yourself."

"You must hear the same story all the time considering all of us come from the streets, so I don't feel the need to repeat it."

He nods a little. "I don't know what Dominic has told you but I'm no one to fuck around with."

Leaning forward, I smile sweetly. "But I think it'd be fun."

He shakes his head. "Then you won't last here long."

Rolling my eyes, I sigh. "Fine. I don't have any family. I was in an abusive relationship and when I caught him cheating again, I told him I was leaving him. So he stopped the truck and made me get out."

"Pushed you out," Dominic corrects me. "I witnessed it so I asked her if she needed help. Now we're here."

"My little life saver," I say, grabbing his hand.

He glances at Mr. Carter nervously and I look out of the corner of my eye to see him frowing at the sight. Retrieving my hand, I turn back to Mr. Carter. "Do you have any family?" he asks, looking down at the paper on hia desk.

"No. My dad died when I was little so I stayed with my grandma but she died when I was in high school."

"And your mom?"

I shrug. "She disappeared when I was little. I have-" I pause, " I had a picture of her."

He nods. "The job is yours. Learn how to watch your mouth."

I open my mouth to speak but Dominic quickly stands. "Thank you, sir."

He holds out his hand for me to take and I uncross my legs before taking his hand and standing. I wink at him as we exit the room, noticing him glance at our hands as we leave. "Where are we going now?" I ask curiously.

Dominic glances at me. "Don't ever bite the hand that feeds you."

I sigh. "Fine. I'll be good from now on but don't expect me to change completely."

He shakes his head. "I'm not asking you to change. I'm asking you to watch what you say and do. There are rules to follow."

"Yes, daddy," I say playfully, rolling my eyes.

Despite the seriousness in his tone, he smiles, shaking his head.

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow