Chapter 22

✳✳✳Madison✳✳✳

I sit astride him with my hands placed on his shoulders, looking into his eyes. His hands move from my stomach up to my breasts, washing the day away from my body. The look in his eyes causes me to squirm as his fingers brush against my nipples. Moving his hands downwards, one settles on my thigh and the other cups the apex of my thighs. I gasp, earning a small smile from him. His thumb rubs circles against my clit and my hips move on their own accord. "Take me to bed," I say, breathing heavily.

"I don't have any condoms," he says, his eyes heated.

"I'm on birth control," I say. "I just got the shot again."

Standing up, I move to the opposite side of the large tub and grab a towel. He lets the water begin draining as I step out, wrapping the towel around me. After both of us quickly dry up, we head to the bedroom where he begins kissing me fervently. The only light in the room is the moonlight coming through the windows. Pulling away from him, I turn and climb onto the king sized bed. Before I can turn, he grasps my waist, holding me in place. He removes on hand from my waist to position himself at my entrance. "Is this okay?" he asks softly.

"Yes," I reply, the need for him clear in my voice.

He pushes his full length into me and I moan at the feeling. It feels so different in this position. His thrusts grow faster and harder, causing me to drop my upper half down onto the bed. All my strength has left me in my current state. The only thing keeping me on my knees is his hold on me. My moans fill the room as I feel my stomach tightening. Within a few more thrusts, I am coming apart around him. He thrusts into me a few more times before following suit.

After a moment, he withdraws his body from mine and stands up. I use the opportunity to stretch and roll onto my back. He returns a moment later, pulling back the blankets and placing me at the top of the bed. I lay my head back against the pillow and pull the blanket over me. He lays beside me on his side, staring at me. "What?" I ask, smiling for some unknown reason.

He smiles. "I have a fetish for you."

I chuckle, confused. "What do you mean?"

"A fetish... Fixation or weakness if you will," he explains. "I tried to stay away from you but it was so unbelievably hard. You're the first woman I've wanted to be with for more than one night since my ex - Bryant's mom. You're also the only woman that knows about my son."

"People don't know about him?" I ask.

"Very few. I've tried to keep the fact that I have a son quiet for his protection."

It's quiet for a long moment and I find myself wondering about his ex. He said he'd tell me about her. "What was your ex like?" I ask quietly.

His eyes flicker elsewhere and he smiles. "She was perfect in my eyes. I helped her and in return she helped me."

"How?"

His gaze returns to me. "I met her after I left the military. I had my dad threatening me to do what he wanted and I didn't want any part of it so I partied. My drinking got out of hand and she helped me get back on the right path. I still drink occasionally but I know my limits and you'll never see me drunk."

"How long were you together before she passed away?"

"Almost five years. She was unlike anyone I had ever met," he pauses, shaking his head. "Boy did she like to fight. She had a fire within her and would burn anyone who touched her. She definitely knew how to put someone in their place, especially me. I couldn't stay mad at her for long because she put everything into perspective for me. Everything made sense when I was with her."

My heart is racing in my chest. Hearing him talk about this woman has me feeling twenty different emotions. "What was her name?"

"Sierra."

I nod a little, trying to imagine what she looks like in my head. Although he didn't describe her looks, I picture her as one of the most beautiful women ever. Bryant's mostly brown hair has some blonde in it which he has to get from his mother. "How did she die?" I ask, wondering aloud.

I instantly regret my question when I notice the visible change in his mood. He looks so sad and all I want to do is wrap my arms around him. "During the end of her pregnancy, she was in a lot of pain. The doctor put her on bed rest and I stayed home to help her. When we went to the hospital for her to give birth, I had to change into scrubs before going into the room. But when I tried going into the room they wouldn't let me," he says softly. "They told her there was an issue and the baby wouldn't make it. She was so selfless... She told them to do everything they could to save the baby - even if it meant they couldn't save her. So they did. And because we weren't married, there was nothing I could do about it."

"I'm sorry," I whisper, barely audible.

His eyes meet mine. "I tried to be mad at her for making that choice for so long but I can't imagine my life without Bryant. Every time I look at him I am reminded that I still have a piece of her."

Moving closer to him, I wrap my arms around him and he lays his head on my chest. I run my fingers through his hair and kiss the top of his head. My man has a soft side...

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow