Chapter 16

The sound of unfamiliar voices wakes me. Owen's warm body is tangled with mine, his head laying on my chest. Carefully moving my arm, I place my hand on his cheek. He breathes heavily, turning his head to kiss my hand. "Good morning," he mumbles, untangling his body from mine. "How did you sleep?"

"Good," I reply. "I think you have some guests."

Standing up, he listens for a moment. "Fucking Michael."

"We could just stay in here," I say suggestively.

He chuckles. "Knowing Michael he brought food and I'm hungry, not just for you."

Grabbing my ankle, he pulls me toward him. "What should I wear?" I ask.

He leans down, holding himself up with his arms. "I have some things in my closet."

After pecking my lips, he stands up and goes into the bathroom. Getting up, I go into the closet in search for some closet. Opening the top drawer, I find a pair of boxer briefs. I slip them on then look in the bottom drawer. There are womens jeans and t-shirts in it. Looking through the sizes, I notice that there are a few sizes of each. Grabbing my size, I go into the bedroom and find my bra. Owen enters the room just as I am pulling my shirt over my head. "I'm happy I fit your criteria," I say, bending over to pick up my clothing from the previous night.

"What do you mean?" he asks, going into the closet.

"You already had my size clothing in your closet."

"That's why I said we'd go shopping today - so you can keep your clothing there. I've already told you that you're not like the other girls so I'm not going to treat you like them," he says, coming into view with pair of jeans on. "Today was an exception because you don't have any clothes yet."

The jeans hang dangerously low but I force myself to look away. "Well I don't want you buying me clothes."

"Who do you think paid for the ones that you wear back home?"

I frown, dropping the clothes on the bed. "Those are already paid for."

Sauntering over towards me, he pulls my chin up, forcing me to look up at him. "Don't be stubborn. I'm already paying for the clothes, I just want you to have your own."

"Okay."

He smiles. "Now lets get breakfast. We'll shower when we're finished."

After he pulls a t-shirt over his head, he takes my hand and leads me out of the room to the table where a group of men sit. Amongst the men is Michael. "Good morning you two. Looks like you've had a rough night," he says, glancing at my hair.

Blushing, I quickly use my fingers to brush through me hair. Owen rolls his eyes. "Your hair is fine. He's just giving you a hard time."

He gestures for one of the men to move so they take their plate and cup and move. He sits down, pulling me onto his lap. "Dominic told me about Montano's men. That bastard tried to screw us over so we took out a few of his men to send a message. Apparently he doesn't realize who he's fucking with," Michael says before taking a bite of his food.

Owen puts some food on a plate and hands me a fork. I watch as he makes himself a plate, attempting to read the cursive script on his arm. "Well we took care of them this time but that better not happen again. You know what's our weaker house."

"It's not as weak as you think. Your men handled it well."

"That doesn't mean I want it to happen again," he says before nudging me. "Eat."

Rolling my eyes, I take a bite of my pancake. It's surprisingly good. "Glad to see you've got her trained. Now just work on that attitude," Michael says.

"Fuck you," I say.

All the men turn to me, surprised I think but Michael just smirks. "I would but you're with my brother now."

Owen drops his fork and my heart skips a beat. This can't be good. "Stop flirting with my girlfriend and get the fuck out."

Girlfriend? I glance at him before looking at Michael who raises an eyebrow. "Girlfriend, huh?" he's quiet for a long moment. "Alright, I can respect that. Come on boys."

Standing, he heads for the door with all of the men following behind. I watch as they leave the room then look at Owen who is staring out the window. "So... I'm your girlfriend? Were you planning on telling me?" I ask playfully.

Despite his agitated expression, he chuckles. "It was the only thing I could think of to get him to back off."

Setting my fork down, I stand up and turn so I'm facing him. He leans back in his chair and I sit astride him, placing my hands on his shoulders. "I don't want just sex. I want it all."

He looks away, his jaw tightening. "I wanted this to be simple."

"It can be. I don't expect much in a relationship. The only things I ask of you is that you stay faithful and treat me right," I explain. "I'm not like the other girls you've been with. I know what I want and I'll get it - whether it's from you or not."

"Fine," he agrees, his eyes meeting mine. "But I don't want you working in the strip club anymore. I haven't since you went on stage."

"I'm not that ugly," I pout.

He shakes his head, a small smile playing on his lips. "You're far from which is why I don't want any other men looking at you."

"Why can't I be a waitress though?"

"I know my men and no matter how afraid of me they are, they have no self control when they're drunk. Why don't you just work in the daycare?" he asks. "I don't like you being near Miles but at least I'd know you're safe with him and the children."

"Okay," I nod. "Now that we've established rules, can we go take a bath?"

He raises his hips, creating a delicious friction between us. "Yes."

Circling his arms around me, he carries me to the bathroom where he begins undressing me.

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow