Chapter 29

✳✳✳Owen Carter✳✳✳

The three of us play with Bryant on the playground for about an hour before deciding to go swimming. Michael and I are sitting on the edge of the dock with our feet hanging in the water as we watch Bryant playing with Madison in the water. "I didn't think anyone would be here," Michael says. "No one ever comes here. So what brings you here."

I take a deep breath. "Well, after you disappeared, our father stopped by to tell me you were out and that it was time for me to take over. He said that we'd visit one house per week so I could meet everyone which means I'll be away for six weeks. We're leaving Monday."

Michael frowns. "Why couldn't he just let me do it? I've never understood why he hated me so much."

I shake my head. "He's fucked up. Don't worry about him. As soon as he's gone, I'll let you take over."

He lights up. "Really? You'd do that for me."

I nod a little. "It was Madison's idea but I've been thinking about it. And now that I know you're alive, I know what we have to do."

"You want to kill him?" Michael asks in surprise. "How the hell do you plan on doing that?"

I shrug. "We'll figure out the details along the way but I can't do it until after the six weeks is up. It's the only way we'll know how to manage everything. He'll show me then I'll show you once he's gone."

I look up at the darkening sky. The sun is beginning to set and it couldn't be more beautiful, although there are dark clouds heading our way. Madison makes her way over to us with Bryant in her arms. "He's ready to go inside," she says.

"I can take him inside to give you guys some alone time," Michael offers.

"That'd be great," I nod. "Thank you."

Michael picks Bryant up and sets him on the dock. Bryant gives me a hug and kisses my cheek. "Love you, daddy."

"Love you too, buddy. I'll be inside soon."

He walks with Michael towards the house and I turn back to Madison. Grabbing the edge of the dock, she pulls herself up slightly and wraps her arms around my waist. "Are you going to join me?"

I shrug playfully. "I don't know. I'm going to need some convincing."

Smirking, she pushes away from the dock and reaches behind behind her back. Lowering herself so the water goes up to her shoulders, she takes off her top off and tosses it at me. I raise an eyebrow, smiling. "That's it?"

She leans down before tossing the remaining piece of her clothing onto the dock beside me. Shaking my head slightly, I slip into the water. "Your turn," she says with a smile.

Leaning down, I take off my swim trunks before tossing them onto the dock. She closes the space between us and I wrap my arms around her. Her body wraps arouns and she looks down at me. "I'm going to miss you."

"I'll miss you too," I admit. "But I'll be back before you know it. Maybe We'll go on a trip when I got back. Anywhere you want to go."

"Anywhere?" she smiles.

I nod. "It'll give the three of us time to reconnect before Bryant starts school this fall."

Feeling her naked body against mine wakes up another part of me. She bites her lip. "I'm going to miss this," she says, wrapping her hand around my erection.

I lower her onto me and her lips part. "I'll miss this too," I whisper, turning us around.

Pressing her up against the round wooden pillar beneath the corner of the dock, I begin kissing her fervently. The idea of going without this for six weeks is insane. Before Madison, I'd hook up with at least one woman per week, sometimes more. But since we've been together, I've been getting it multiple times a week. It'll definitely be a change but I would never cheat on her. Pulling away, I pick her up and lower her onto me once more. Her nails bite into my skin as I continue moving her body. She tilts her head back, moaning. There's a flash of light followed by a loud bang of thunder. We both look up as drops of water begin falling around us. Looking down, we look into each others eyes with smiles on our faces. "I guess we can't finish out here," I say.

She chuckles as the cold rain showers our heated skin. Breaking our contact, I set her on her feet and reach up to grab my swim trunks. Once our bottoms are on, I help her into her top. As we're heading towards the house, she turns to look at me with a grin. "I'll race you."

I grin as she begins running. Chasing after her, I hear another loud clap of thunder. Ahead of me, Madison loses her footing and slips on the steps leading up to the door. "Madison!" I yell, running faster.

When I reach her, she is sitting on the step holding her hand over her eyebrow. "I'm okay," she says. "I just slipped."

Removing her hand, I see a little bit of blood. As if she hasn't dealt with enough pain this week. "You're bleeding. Lets go inside and clean it up."

She chuckles. "All for a fucking race."

Shaking my head, I help her to her feet. When we enter the house, the electricity flickers before shutting off. "Fuck," I groan.

"Daddy!" Bryant yells.

"Stay where you are, Bryant."

"Isn't there a generator around here somewhere?" Michael asks.

A moment later, a light shines from across the room in the living room area. It's Micheal's phone. "I think the generator is in the shed beside the house. You should just have to switch it on," I say.

Holding Madison's hand, I walk towards the light. The lightning temporarily lights our way. I grab my phone on the table and turn the flashlight on. "I'll go outside and turn it on. I've already emptied the master room for you two to take. I'll share the other room with Bryant," Michael says.

I nod and he goes outside. Picking Bryant up, I light the way to the bedroom as he clings to me. "Daddy, I'm scared," he says, laying his head on my shoulder.

"There's nothing to be afraid of. Your uncle is going to fix it."

Thankfully he is already in his pajamas so I put him in the twin bed to the left. A moment later, the lights click back on and I smile down at him. He smiles in return and I turn around to see if Madison is still there but she's not. Leaning down, I kiss the top of my son's head. "Try to sleep. Michael will be in here soon."

Shutting the light off, I leave his door cracked open before searching for Madison. I hear quiet voices coming from the bathroom. The door is barely open but I can see Michael and Madison's reflection in the mirror. He is cleaning her eyebrow as they speak. "Six weeks is a long time," she says quietly.

"You guys will be fine. It'll be hard for him too but it's something he has to do."

"I know."

I lean back against the wall as I listen. "Don't cry," Michael says softly.

She sniffles. "He's going to find someone better. I just know it."

"Don't think like that. He'll be back before you know it."

Pushing away from the wall, I head to the master bedroom. I have to reassure her that she is it for me. How can I prove to her that she is my one and only - the only woman I've ever wanted a future with?

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow