Chapter 19

When Bryant wakes, Owen and I are sitting in the living room. After he gave me a tour of their house, he brought me here where he poured us each a glass of wine. "I want soup," he says, dropping down on the couch between us.

"I'll make you some," Owen says, standing up.

"I want Madison to make it," he says, hugging my arm.

Owen sighs, no doubt exasperated. "I'm making it."

"Fine. Want me to show you my favorite movie?" Bryant asks me.

"Sure."

"Come into the dining room," he says, jumping up and running out of the room.

"I don't understand how he has so much energy - especially when he's sick," Owen says, shaking his head.

I chuckle. "He's adorable."

I attempt to move past him but he holds his arm out, blocking my path. Raising my chin, he presses a soft kiss to my lips. "Thank you for coming."

"Thanks for inviting me."

"So you don't mind that I have a son?" he asks.

"Of course not," I answer immediately. "Although it would have been nice to hear it from you willingly."

"I would have told you," he says. "I just didn't want to tell you until I knew we were serious. Otherwise telling you would be stupid."

"Do you think we're serious?"

His lips turn up slightly. "I wouldn't have you around my son if I didn't think so."

"Madison!" Bryant yells.

We both chuckle. "I'm going to make him soup. It won't take long."

After pressing his lips to mine, he saunters towards the kitchen. Smiling, I go into the dining room and sit beside Bryant. It's nice to know that there's a point to our relationship. I have came to love Bryant during our shared time together so having him is a perk. Bryant is sitting at the table so I sit in the chair beside him. He presses play and ninja turtles take over the screen.

**************************

When I wake up the next morning, I am laying on Bryant's bed. Beside me is Bryant and next to him is Owen whose eyes flicker up to me when I move. He sits up using his elbow and smiles. "Good morning."

"Good morning," I reply, slowly leaning towards him.

He presses a soft kiss to my lips then glances down at Bryant. "He'll wake up soon so I'll make us breakfast. I had Dominic bring you clothes last night. They're on my bed."

"Okay."

He carefully climbs off the bed and I follow suit. I quietly close the door behind us before turning to him. "We'll go back to the house after breakfast."

I nod before turning but he catches my hand and pulls me back against his chest. Wrapping his arms around me, he presses a kiss to my neck. I turn my head and his lips meet mine. Releasing me, he walks in the opposite direction of me. I saunter towars his bedroom while trying to clear my head of him. After a quick shower, I head to the kitchen where Owen is standing at the stove and Bryant is sitting at the island on the stool. "Good morning Madison," he says before sniffling.

"Good morning," I say, taking a seat beside him. "Did you sleep well?"

"Yes. Daddy is making pancakes."

"Mmm," I smile, glancing across the island at Owen.

Owen places the last pancake on the third plate beside him before switching the stove off. He grabs the jar of peanut butter out of the cupboard along with a butterknife. I watch as he spreads the peanut butter on the pancakes before drizzling syrup over them and cutting Bryant's into pieces. He places the plates on the island, giving me the one without peanut butter. Sitting down beside me, he cuts into it before taking a bite. "Peanut butter?" I ask curiously.

He glances at me. "My mom used to make them for us like this. They're really good."

I make a face. "I've never heard of anyone eating it like that."

"Try it, it's good," he says, holding up his fork with a piece on it. I stare at it reluctantly. "I'm sure you'd like it."

Sighing, I lean forward and eat the piece of pancake. It's surprisingly good and I nod. "It's good."

He smiles. "I told you so."

"Daddy, can you take me and Madison to see the snow?"

We both turn our attention to bryant who has peanut butter and syrup all over his hands and mouth. "Maybe," Owen responds, taking another bite of his pancake.

After we finish our breakfast, I wait in the living room while the boys get ready. When they're finished, we go out to the car where Owen drives us back to the house. "I have some things to take care of but maybe we can meet up later." I purse my lips, remembering his comment about how things wouldn't change yet I've already missed work and been out of the house. "What?" he questions.

"Nothing," I say before glancing at Bryant. "Is he going to the daycare?"

"Yeah," he says, unbuckling him and setting him on the ground.

"I'll take him since I'm headed that way," I offer.

Bryant takes my hand and Owen shakes his head slightly. "That's fine."

"Bye, daddy. I love you."

Owen leans down to kiss the top of his head. "I love you too, buddy. I'll stop by to check on you later."

Turning, I saunter into the building while holding Bryant's hand. When we get to the daycare, I take Bryant into the room and crouch down in front of him. "I'm going to check with Miles but I'll be back in a little bit, okay?"

"Okay," he says before hugging me.

He runs away to go play with one of the kids and I stand up. Leaving the daycare, I go to wardrobe room to fix my hair. I didn't have a hair tie so there wasnt much I could do with it. As I'm brushing through it, Annie enters the room from behind me. "Hey. Need help?"

I shrug. "What should I do with it? I'm in the daycare now."

"Braids?"

I nod. "Thanks."

She parts my hair directly down the middle then begins braiding my hair, starting on the left side. "So are the rumors true? You haven't been in the room much."

I shrug. "Depends on the rumors."

"You're with Mr. Carter."

I frown. "I'm not sure how to define with but yeah, I guess."

"Be careful," she says softly. "You seem very strong but these men are hard to handle."

I remain silent, not knowing what to say. By the time she is finished, I have two tight french braids that go down past my shoulders. After thanking her, I head to Miles' office.

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow

{A/N: I love pancakes and french toast with peanut butter. Has anyone else tried it like that?}