Chapter 30

✳✳✳Madison✳✳✳

When I get to the bedroom, Owen is laying across the bed on his back, wearing only his boxer briefs. Closing the door, I quickly strip out of my bikini before pulling on an oversized t-shirt. Crawling onto the bed, I straddle his waist. His dark blue eyes stare into mine and I grind against him. "Should we finish what we started? Michael went to bed."

He seems hesitant but he rolls us over so he's on top. "You're beautiful."

I smile. "Thank you."

"You are the second most important person in my life, Bryant being the first. You know that, right?"

I frown, confused now. "Yes."

"And I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

My breathing hitches. What brought this on? "I'd like that," I admit.

"No one will ever compare to you. You're more than enough and I am so thankful to have you in my life."

This is so unlike him. Maybe he overheard Michael and I talking in the bathroom. "Owen, why are you saying all of this?" I ask.

"Because you need to hear it," he says.

Gently pushing him away, I sit up. He sits up beside me. "Did you hear what I said to Michael?" The look on his face tells me he did so I sigh, running my fingers through my hair. "Owen, I know I can make it through these six weeks. It'll be hard but I know I can do it. It's you that I'm worried about."

He frowns. "You shouldn't be worried about me. I'll be okay."

I struggle to find the words. "Be honest. In the last two months, what's the longest you've went without having sex?"

His facial expression changes and he looks away. "I don't know."

"Don't lie to me."

Sighing, he turns back to me. "A week."

I shake my head. "How do you expect to go without for six weeks?"

He holds up his right hand. "I'll handle myself."

I can't help but laugh. "Seriously?"

He chuckles. "Yes. Madison, I already told you I'm not one to cheat. Trust me. If I was unhappy or considering leaving you, I'd tell you. You need to trust me. Don't make me pay for your ex's mistakes."

"What if you change?"

He shakes his head. "I won't change. I'll still be the same person when I get back." He can sense my hesitation so he grabs my hand. "I love you, Madison. And I hope one day you'll let me make you my wife."

A smile plays on my lips. "Mrs. Carter."

He smiles. "Mrs. Carter."

Leaning in, he presses a passionate kiss to my lips. He begins moving, forcing me to lay back as he positions himself between my legs again. We spend the night lost in each other and I couldn't be happier. He actually sees a future with me.

**************************

The four of us sit at the table eating breakfast, Bryant watching cartoons and us talking between bites. "Michael, I thought maybe you could hide out at my house while we're away. You need to keep quiet until I get back. I'll get you a phone so you can contact me if you need to."

Michael nods. "Sounds good to me. I need some time to rest anyways."

"We'll drop you off when we leave here. As for us, what should we do?" Owen asks, looking between Bryant and I.