Chapter 8

Saturday rolls around and there's still no sign of Owen and Dominic's return. Since it's a weekend, the daycare has planned a few fun things for the kids. The older kids are watching a movie, playing Mario Kart on the projector and are enjoying snacks while the younger kids are watching an animated movie and enjoying cookies. I'm leaning back on a bean bag with Bryant cuddling up against my side. He has became extremely attached to me in our short amount of time together and it makes me so happy. Miles said that he always asks for me when I'm not here. Sadly, today's time together quickly comes to an end. I have to be to work in an hour and I could use a quick shower. "Hey, Bryant. I have to go to work now but I'll see you again tomorrow. I promise."

"Okay," he says, sitting up.

He kneels on the floor next to me and I begin getting up, stopping to give him a hug. Leaving the daycare, I grab my work outfit and go to the bathroom. After a quick shower, I get dressed and begin doing my hair and makeup. Realizing I still have some time to waste, I spend a little more time on my makeup. By the time I'm finished, it's time to go to the club. The sound of my heels echos through the empty halls. A few men stumble out of the club with a couple of women at their sides. Lily is standing near the door with Annie when I enter. "She can do it," Annie says, pointing at me.

"Do what?" I ask, confused.

"Take my place on stage," she responds. "I just got sick so we need someone to take my place."

"Shs has no experience," Lily says, shaking her head. "We can't just throw someone on stage."

"She does have experience!" Annie insists. "She told me she used to dance in a strip club."

Lily looks at me expectantly. "There's no one else that can do it?" I ask.

She shakes her head. "Strippers are limited but I can easily find someone else to take your place waiting on tables."

I hesitate, knowing this would only set me back. "Fine."

Lily smiles. "Great. Annie, take her to get dressed."

Annie nods before grabbing my hand and pulling me through the door beside the stage. There are a few vanities against the back wall and drawers along the walls. Releasing my hand, she opens one of the drawers. "Find something cute to wear and help you put it on."

"I can manage," I say, walking to the drawers. "You should go lay down."

"You sure?" I nod. "Okay. Vivian shpuld be here in a minute and she'll show you where to go."

She leaves the room and I pick out a lingerie set that includes a corset, panties, stockings and all the necessary pieces to make the outfit complete. On one of the shelves, I find a pair of black pumps with red bottoms in my size. Quickly undressing, I put the lingerie on followed by the heels. A woman enters the room just as I stand. "You must be Madison. Come on, we're going on right now."

Following her through a doorway with red curtains hanging, we step out onto the stage. My cheeks warm slightly at the attention but I remind myself that I've done this before. There's already a girl dancing on the pole to left and Vivian goes to the right so I am forced to go to the center pole. When I reach it, I am happy to find that it's on spinning mode. It makes it easier to do certain moves so I've always preferred it over the static mode. Taking a deep breath, I pray I don't fail. It's been a while since I've danced and embarrassing myself in front of all of these people is the last thing I want to do. Grasping the pole, I begin by doing a basic spin just to get the hang of it and just like that I snap into it. In my mind I am back in the old strip club where I first began dancing. The familiarity of it makes me smile and I climb up the pole, putting in maximum effort.

During the final song of my shift, I notice a group of men enter the club. Amongst them is Dominic and Michael - a guy I dated for a short while in high school. All of their eye's are trained on me and I almost fall but I manage to finish sucessfully. The song comes to an end and we leave the stage as three more women come out. Going directly into the club, I saunter to the couches where Dominic and Michael sit. "New job?" Dominic asks, glancing over me before accepting a drink from the waitress.

"I was filling in for Annie. She was sick."

Michael's eyes meet mine and they widen. "Madison? Fuck. I thought you looked familiar but I didn't realize it was you."

"It's me," I smile.

"Damn," he breathes, his eyes slowly raking over my body. "If you would've worn this kind of stuff when we were dating then maybe we would have lasted longer."

I roll my eyes. "We ended things because you moved."

"Maybe I would've stayed," he chuckles, grabbing my hand and pulling me down onto his lap.

Shaking my head, I move over to the space between Dominic and Michael and cross my leg over the other. He stretches his arm out on the back of the couch and offers me his untouched drink. "Thanks," I say, accepting the glass.

"No problem."

"So you guys dated?" Dominic asks.

I nod. "For about a month in high school."

"That's not very long," he says.

Michael chuckles. "But we made every day count."

I blush at the memories. It was a long time ago but my memories are vivid. Out of the corner of my eye, I see someone heading in our direction. Looking at the man, I realize it's Owen. He looks confused at first but his expression changes to one of displeasure. "What are you doing in that outfit?" he asks when he reaches us.

"I filled in for Annie," I answer.

"She looked fucking fantastic up there," Michael says with a grin, looking down at me. "I'm getting a lap dance before I leave."

"I'm sure Vivian would love to give you one," I say, smiling sweetly.

Owen clears his throat. "Madison, can I walk you to your room?"

I raise an eyebrow. He's sending me to bed? Something in his eyes tells me not to put up a fight so I decide to go willingly. I'm tired anyways. Standing up, I turn to Michael. "It was nice seeing you."

"You too," he says, standing up. "I'll see you around."

After giving me a hug, he sits down and I wish Dominic a good night before following Owen out of the club. He slips his hands into his pockets and we walk in silence until we reach the living quarters. "Dinner tomorrow?" he asks.

"Sure," I nod.

He closes his eyes for a short moment before opening them again. "Goodnight, Madison."

I stare at him in disbelief. "That's it? You ask to walk me to my room then you say four words."

His eyes are heated as stares at me. "Because the only thing I want to do is take that lingerie off of you and fuck you into next week."

My jaw drops at his honesty. "Oh," I say breathlessly.

"Oh," he repeats sarcastically. "Goodnight, Madsion."

"Goodnight," I mumble.

I guess Miles was right - he does like me. He doesn't like you, he wants to fuck you a little voice in the back of my head says. Pushing my thoughts aside, I turn and walk down the hall towards my room.

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow