Chapter 9

After spending most of my day with Bryant, I go to find an outfit for dinner. I search around for a bit before deciding on a simple dress. It's dark blue and hugs my torso tightly but falls loosely from my hips to my knees. I do my makeup as usual then fix my hair, letting it fall down my back in waves. Slipping my feet into a pair of heels, I leave the room. We never agreed on a place to meet so I decide to sit at the bar and wait. My eye's scan the room, stopping at the pool tables. Owen is stretched across the table, wearing a pair of jeans and a black t-shirt. He has a tattoo on his forearm and one that's partially visible on his bicep. The sight makes my mouth water. He makes the winning shot, a grin playing on his lips.

As if he knew I was here, he glances over at me and his smile warms. Disposing of the pool stick, he saunters towards me. "Either you're not ready or I'm severely overdressed," I say when he reaches me.

"We're going out so I thought it could be a little more casual," he says. "You look very nice though."

I nod. "Thanks. I'll change."

Maybe if he actually told me where we were going I'd be prepared. I glance back at him when I reach the door. He's casually leaning against the bar, openly staring at my body. I enter the room and quickly change out of my dress, trying to ignore the girls at the vanity but I can't help but listen when I hear Owen's name. "Right? And did you see the way his jeans hang," a girl says, fanning her face.

"I know. I'd do anything to be the one in his bed for once."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I grab a pair of skinny jeans in my size and slip them on. Putting on socks, I grab my Converse from my little locker. "Kat told me he only sleeps with women from the other house."

"She told me that when she went out before, she met a girl that had been with him and she said he was incredible in bed."

"I bet."

"And she said he's incredibly sweet at first but one he gets into your pants he's a jerk."

"Fine by me," one of the girls laughs.

Grabbing a black shirt, I pull it over my head in a hurry. Black strings cross over my chest and it's just long enough to cover my stomach but slightly longer in the back. Leaving the room, I try not to think about what the girls said. He is sitting at the bar and I join him. "Ready?"

He nods, standing up. "Come on."

He takes my hand and leads me down an unfamiliar hallway. We pass abfew doors before entering the one at the end. It's a large garage with a couple of sport cars and a few SUV's. He chooses the Audi closest to us. "Nice car," I mumble.

"It's a R8 GT Spyder," he says, opening the passenger side door.

Releasing his hand, I climb in and he closes the door. I buckle my seat belt as he gets in. "Where are we going?" I ask.

The engine roars to life and he presses a button on a small remote, causing the garage door to open. "Dinner," he states simply.

Putting the car in gear, he slowly eases it out of the garage. He presses the button once more before speeding up. We slow as he reaches the gate and the guards open it. Once we're out on the road, he leans his right elbow on the center cousel and puts his left hand towards the top of the steering wheel. He looks so relaxed and at ease with himself. "Why didn't we eat there?" I ask.

He glances over at me. "Because that's where the girls eat."

"So?"

"You're not one of them."

Is that the line he uses on the women from the other house? Turning my attention to the window, I focus on where we're going. I'm not familiar with the area but I remember a few of the street names from when Dominic brought me to the house. The ride is silent other than the sound of an occasional blinker. We go to the outskirts of the city where he pulls into the parking lot of a small pizza place. He opens his door so I get out as well. "Have you been here before?" I ask.

He nods. "Yes. A family friend owns the place."

I nod, following him inside. We're greeted by an older woman who gasps at the sight of Owen. "Oh, Giovanni! It's Owen!"

He smiles down at the woman. "Eva. How are you?"

She rushes up to him and wraps her arms around him. "Good, good. How are you?"

"I'm good," he pulls away from her and grabs my hand, pulling me into view. "This is my friend Madison."

She gets a certain look in her eyes and looks between us. "Oh, Owen. She's beautiful. It's so nice to meet you," she says, shaking my hand.

I blush as a man comes through the door behind her with a smile on his face. "It's about time you paid us a visit."

Him and Owen shake hands and I stand by awkwardly. He grabs my hand and glances at me. "I thought I'd show her one of my favorite places."

"Stromboli?" Giovanni asks knowingly.

Owen glances at me and I nod. "Yes, please. And two glasses of Coke."

"Of course. Sit anywhere," Eva says.

Owen leads me to one of the booths by the window, sitting across from me. The place has an older feel to it and I absolutely love it. "So you used to dance?" he asks.

I furrow my eyebrows. Out of everything, he chooses to ask about that. Unbelievable. "It was the only well paying job I could find at the time."

"Do you regret working there?" he asks.

I shake my head. "No. It was the only job I could get and it gave me confidence."

He leans back as if he's heard the same thing many times. "You liked the attention from the men."

I shake my head. "It wasn't like that. I went from being no one to being lusted after. A man had never wanted me like that and it was new to me. The more confidence I had, the more men liked me. The tips were great but feeling wanted felt so damn good - even when they had different intentions."

"Were you with many men?"

It's my turn to sit back. "Being a stripper doesn't automatically make you a prostitute."

"You didn't answer the question."

"I can count the number of people I've been with on one hand. How about you?"

His lips turn up slightly. "Many."

His honesty confuses me. What's his game? Eva places our drinks in front of us, effectively ending our conversation.

**************************

Vote ★ Comment ★ Follow