The Meet Up

Chapter 14
The Meet Up
Angelica P.O.V.

Cole and Lily have been glaring at each other ever since we got in together. They haven't said a word to each other either and it's starting to get a little uncomfortable.

"Umm... Hey guys? Can we please sit down before class starts?" I looked between them and saw no reaction. This is definitely gonna take a while. Oh well might as well find a seat.

I walked past the two and went to go find a seat near the window. As I sat down, I looked up to see the students from Band and some from Art entering the singing class.

"I'm sitting with you okay?" I looked behind me and saw Cole looking at me. But before I could even answer someone had already put their stuff down.

"I think he means that I will sit with you." I looked beside me and saw Lily already sitting down.
"That's not fair Lily you didn't even ask." Cole said while glaring at Lily

Lily turned her head to me
"Angelica can I sit beside you?"
"Umm well.."
Lily turned her direction to Cole again.

"Your question has been answered now go sit somewhere else." Lily said while turning her head towards the front. I glanced at Cole who was shaking his head.

"I'm sitting behind you Angelica." Then he went behind of us and sat on that desk. As he got seated I turned my attention towards Lily again.
"Lily, can't you be a little nicer?"

Lily turned around and gave me a serious look.
"Angelica I came in here to help you. Not to become friends with them, remember that."

Then Lily turned her attention towards Mr. Ryan who was now walking in the class. As he walked in I looked behind me to give Cole an apologetic look. He only smiled and waved it off.

When I looked back, Mr. Ryan was pulling out a sheet of paper that was inside a envelope.
"Good Morning Class!"
"Good Morning!!" We said in unison.

"I have brought everyone here today to talk about your project. This project will count as a 20% test grade." Mr. Ryan said while looking around the room.

"I know what you may be thinking. 'Why is our project so early?' Well students as you may know this isn't a normal high school. This is a performing arts school. You want to become the best of the best? Then this is where you should be, am I correct?"

We all nodded our head.
"Then you have also came here to show us what you can do with that goal in your mind. So to begin our semester, we will be giving one person a chance to perform on stage."

"Now please understand that this is optional, so not everyone is required to participate. But keep in mind that this is 20% of your test grade. So if you decide to not do this, then you will be writing a 2 page essay of why you came to this school."

A lot of people started to groan and others just shrugged it off.
"Now, I would like the people who will be participating to come up to the front desk in a orderly fashion."

As me and Lily started to get up, Cole stopped us.
"Guys hold on a minute."
We looked behind us and saw Cole looking frantically for someone.

"For what? We can just sign their names in there and we're done." Said Lily
"Lily, you know we can't do that." Cole said while giving Lily a glare.

"Let's just wait guys, the line is long and I'm sure they'll be here any minute n--"
Suddenly I was interrupted by a slam of a door.

"Ah Gabe and Shade, nice of you to join us." Mr. Ryan said while giving them a smile.
"I'm sorry Mr. Ryan we would have been here earlier, but SOMEBODY had to lose their bookbag outside the parking lot." Shade said while looking at Gabe.

"Look if you're me, you'll understand that everything you have disappears in a black hole when your not looking." Gabe said while shrugging his shoulders.

"Oh no..." I looked at Lily who was trying to crawl under her desk.
"Shut up and don't say anything."
Lily said while looking up at me.

As I looked up, I notice that Shade was looking at me with a confused look. Gabe was also giving me that look then he shook his head and walked up to me.

"Well hello there, you new here?" Gabe said while leaning on my desk.
"Gabe, she's our new singer for the group remember?" Cole said while pushing Gabe away from me.

"Oh so your our singer!" Gabe said while putting his arm around Cole.
"So if I'm correct, this is your first time performing?" I looked behind of Cole and saw Shade looking at me.

"Yes, but don't worry I'll do my best so that our performance will pass the exam!" Shade looked at me for a few minutes then he turned around and walked towards Mr. Ryan.

"We'll see about that."

Huh? What does he mean by that?

"Don't worry about him Angelica, he's like that. Once you start getting to know him, you'll understand he's not a bad guy." Gabe said while walking to Shade.

But before he could get any closer he stopped mid-way.
"Hey Angelica, do you know when Lily will come?" Gabe asked while he turned his head to me.

I was about to tell him where she was, but then she punched my leg.
"Ah! I-I mean... I think she'll be coming really soon! Don't worry!" Gabe looked at me with a questioning look. That's when Cole came in.

"What do you mean Angelica? She's here right now! Isn't that right--" Suddenly Cole lifted up the desk Lily was hiding in.
"Lily." Cole said as he smirked at Lily, while she was giving him a death glare.

"Lily..." I looked over and saw Gabe looking at her with a heartbroken expression.
"Look just so you know I didn't come here for you guys, I'm doing this for Angelica got it?"

When she walked away, I glanced back at Gabe who was now wearing a lonely expression. And for some reason it made me want to cry.
"Gabe, just you wait."

Gabe looked back to me again.
"She'll come back soon. Just give it some time, I promise." I gave him a thumbs up, while he shook his head and gave me smile.
"Why do you remind me of her, I wonder?"

Huh? Remind him of who?

"Anyways thanks a lot Angelica, I really do hope she will." Then he walked away.

Just when I was about to follow them, an arm wrapped around my shoulder. As I looked up he gave me a grin.
"You'll fit in this group just fine Angelica." As he let go of me I gave him a smile.

"Thanks Cole."
Soon we both walked towards our way to perform.