Come Back...

Chapter 22
Come Back...
Cole P.O.V.

It's been 2 weeks since I last saw Angelica and words can't describe how much I missed her. It seemed like every time I go to sleep, she's the last thing I see at night.

Everyday I go to school and practice with Gabe, Lily, and Shade waiting for her to come back. Yet nothing ever seems to change.

Even after school I make sure to see if Rosemary is doing okay. Then come back home to ask my parents if they've heard news from her. But I always receive the same answer.

I sometimes wish that I never left her after I found out about Rosemary being awake; but then again I know I would've regretted it either way.

So everyday before I go to sleep, I make a wish. I know it's sounds childish, but it's the only thing I can do right now.

The wish I make for her everyday, is for her to come back safe and sound. To hopefully have her in my arms. So that I can apologize to her and tell her how much I truly missed her.

I won't lie, thinking about her staying at Paris makes me scared. It truly does. Knowing that me leaving her in the forest will be the only memory I have of her, scares me to death.

So I wait, wish, and hope that she will come home soon.

"Cole..."
I was currently in my room writing down lyrics for our project. When suddenly a knock from my door broke me out of my concentration.

"Hey mom, what's wrong?" I asked her as she came inside my room.
"I'm sorry to disturb you dear, but I was wondering if you would walk with me to the park for a little bit?"

I tilted my head to the side to see the time and saw that it was only 4:29.
"Of course mom, let me go get ready right now." I said smiling to her.
She nodded her head and close the door to go downstairs.

Once I got ready I got out of my room and went downstairs to find my mom already waiting for me in the car.
So once I got in we went straight to the walking park.

When we made it there, we immediately went to go start walking.

At first it was all quite just listening to the soft wind blowing the trees as the sun was starting to set. Then my mother started to speak.

"Did you know Cole," she started to say as I turn my head to her.
"That me and Angelica's mother are childhood friends?"

When she said that I stopped walking and look straight towards her.
"You... Were childhood friends?" I asked.
She turn her head to me then smiled.

"We are." She said, then started heading towards a bench beside us.
As she sat down she started to pat down on the seat beside her so I sat with her.

"Our parents were actually rivals. Our company was always tied to Best Business Company. My father despised the fact of having someone tied to us, so he did everything he could to beat Iris's father. Until one day,"

~Crystal's Flashback~

"Daddy! Where are you!?" I said running away from the two men who was following me.
"Stop running little girl! We just want to talk to you!!" Said the 1st man.
"Yeah! So stop yelling before we kill you!" Said the 2nd man.

I kept running and running not looking where I was going. Then suddenly I was falling down towards some bushes.
"Where'd she go!?" Said the 1st man.
"Man who cares! We'll get her tomorrow." Said the 2nd man.

Once I made sure they were gone I started to cry. The pain I felt all over my body was unbearable and I knew I couldn't get up no matter how much I tried. When suddenly...

"Hey! Is anyone out there!? Please answer me!" By the sound of the voice I could tell it wasn't a man, but instead a girl.
"I'm here!! Please help me!!" I yelled out.

Soon enough I heard rustling coming towards me. As I looked up a beautiful girl with brown curly hair and green eyes made her way up to me.

"Oh my goodness!" She screeched. She then ran up to me and lifted up my head a little.
"Okay, I need to know if you can move?" She asked.

I started to shake my head no and she soon understood.
"Alright, I'm going to carry you on my back then okay? Please grab on to me tight so you don't slip off okay?" She said.

I nodded my head and soon enough she started to kneel to the ground. Once I got on her back she started to get up and walk.

"I promise I'm not a bad person, my mother is a doctor and she'll take care of you, trust me." Said the girl.
"Wh-Who are y-you?" I asked her.

She looked behind her shoulder and gave me a smile.
"My name's Iris. What's yours?" She said.
"My name is Crystal." I said.

"So you're his daughter." She started to say.
"I am... I'm sorry." I told her.
Then she started to laugh. Startled I looked at her.

"I'm sorry, it's just I would have never thought I would be meeting you like this." She said.
Seeing her laugh made me want to laugh with her.

Soon enough we were both laughing in tears all the way to her house.

~End of Flashback~

"After my parents found out about what she did they started to apologise about the whole being rival thing and became friends. Sadly though they died early in a car crash and we haven't seen Iris since." She said while looking at the sun.

"Sometimes I would always think that she had died too and that I shouldn't have hopes of her coming back. But my father always said to wait patiently and to pray for her to come back." She said turning towards me.

"And wouldn't you know it, after all these years she has finally come back. Safe and sound." She said smiling at me.

She then started to shake her head.
"The real reason I asked you to come walk with me son is because I have a question for you." She said.

As I nodded my head she started to speak.
"Do you love Angelica?" She asked.
I was stunned for a minute, but I knew my answer.

"Yes... With all my heart." I said determinedly.
"Then wait for her son and soon you'll see that you will have no regrets." She said. Then started to get up from the bench.

"Now let's go get some hot cocoa because your mother is feeling COLD!" She said while running to her car.

As I watched her leave, I started to think about what she said to me. I know now that I shouldn't be giving up now. All I have to do is wait a little more.

"I'm going to wait for you. So please, come back soon you idiot..."