Realization

Chapter 19
Realization
Cole P.O.V.

It has been 2 days since I've been in this hospital and I couldn't be happier. I looked around the room to see Lily and Gabe snuggled up together in one sofa, while shade was sleeping on a chair.

I looked beside of me to see Rosemary sound asleep in her bed. When I came into this room, words couldn't explain how relief I was to see her sitting up in her bed while looking at me with her blue eyes.

I came up to her crying on my knees and holding her hand to ask her for forgiveness. She had told me that none of this was my fault and that she had already forgiven me.

I knew better though, which is why I had agreed to take her outside today to get a little fresh air.

As I looked towards the window, I saw that the sun was shining brightly outside.

"Are you awake already?" I turned to the voice I had missed so much and gave her a sincere smile.
"Yes, today is a very special day for you after all."

When she was about to wrap her arms around me, an image of Angelica started coming to my mind which made me tense for a moment.

"Cole?"
I looked down to see that Rosemary was giving me a worried look.
"I'm sorry Rose, I guess I'm not fully awake yet haha."

I got up from the bed and started to head towards the bathroom.
"I'll be right back, okay?"
I turned around to see Rosemary smiling at me.

"Okay, I'll wait here to wake the others up." As I nodded my head I went inside to look at the mirror.
My curly black hair was a mess while my eyes had dark circles under them.

"If Angelica saw me, I'm sure she would have been making fun of me." I started to chuckle and stopped to realize what I said.

"Angelica...."
An image of her smiling at me before I went to visit the hospital replayed in my mind and I couldn't help, but clench my chest.

"It... Hurts..."
Suddenly a knock on the door broke my concentration.
"Dude!! Hurry the freak up! I'm literally going to pee on the floor if you don't get out! Or even worse!!"

I started to sigh and began to walk towards the door.
"Alright I'm coming out just chill."
As I opened the door I see Gabe squirming left and right in front of me.

Suddenly I was pushed out of the way.
"MOVE IT OR LOSE IT LOSER!"
Was the only thing I heard from Gabe before I heard the door shut.
"Good morning to you too."

As I walked back to the bed Rosemary was in, I noticed that Shade was already up brushing his hair while Lily was sprawled on the floor with her blanket wrapped around her.

"Lily... You um... Gonna get up there buddy?"
Not even a minute and Lily was already mumbling cuss words at me then went back to sleep.

As I looked back at Rosemary, who was now standing up I noticed that she had already put on her outfit ready to go.

"Looks like someone's excited." I said teasingly at her.
"Well what'd you expect? After being in a hospital for so long, you can expect me to get some fresh air."

I reached my hand to her's to lead her outside. As we got there I found a suitable place for me and her to sit down on.

At first it was all quiet, and soon she started to speak.
"Cole, words can't describe how happy I am to be able to see you all again." Rose said while looking at me.

"We are too Rose, after we heard what happened to you, things wasn't the same. The group disbanded and our friendship felt like it had been lost forever." I said while looking at the ground.

Suddenly an image of Angelica showed up in my mind again.
"That was until this year..."
I spoke unconsciously and didn't even realize what I meant.

"What do you mean?" Rosemary asked while looking at me questionably.
As I looked towards her, I gave her a smile and looked to the sky.

"There was new girl that came to our school one day. At first I thought she was going to be one of those annoying girls that used to pick on you before." I looked back at Rosemary who was paying close attention to me.

"But I was wrong... That girl came to our lives like a storm. After that accident that happened to you, I decided to stop doing the Knights Project and started to think about pursuing something else."

Suddenly I heard her gasp beside me, so I continued.
"But she made me realize that I could never give up on my dreams. If it wasn't for her determination to do the project, I think I would have regretted it for the rest of life."

Soon I heard shuffling from behind me and instantly knew it was my friends.
"Because of her the group was able to come back slowly together."

I looked back at Rosemary who was now smiling brightly at me.
"Wow, she sounds amazing! What's her name? I got to know!"

"Her name is Angelica Iris Dawn." As soon as I said her name Rosemary gave me a look of shock.
"Did you say... Iris Dawn?" I was confused for a minute and nodded my head.

"Yeah... Why?" Soon Rosemary gave me smile.
"That girls mother... Is the whole reason I'm still alive!"

My eyes widened to hear her say this. Then she spoke again.
"So that must mean she left aswell."

I tensed for a minute
"What do you mean?"
Rosemary soon gave me a smile.

"I was going to thank her for what's she's done for me, but when I asked the doctor where she was, they told me that she was taking her daughter back to France yesterday."

When she finished I quickly got up from where I was sitting at and stared at her shocked.
"Angelica... Is leaving...?"