Only Time Will Tell

Chapter 21
Only Time Will Tell
Angelica P.O.V.

We had just arrived at the restaurant and as we were getting closer to our table I noticed that Nathan was still holding my hand.

"Um Nathan you can let go of my hand now." I said while glancing over at him.
"Oh! I'm sorry, it's just you were so cute I couldn't help myself." He said smirking at me.

Before I could say anything he was suddenly pulling out a chair for me. "Beautiful lady's first." He said smiling at me.

I could feel myself getting redder and redder by the minute so I made no eye contact with him and sat down. "T-Thank you."
Soon he was sitting beside me again.
"You're welcome." He said.

As I looked up I noticed my mom smiling at me. Which made me want to glare at her, but knowing that Nathan was watching me I couldn't do anything.

"So Angelica would you like anything in the menu?" Mr. Black said while smiling at me. But as I glanced at the menu I knew I was never able to order anything because of course it was in french.

"Here let me help you." Nathan said while grabbing the menu from me.
"Would you like a dessert?" He asked.
"Yes! Do they have any Macarons?" I asked glancing at him.

He suddenly smiled at me.
"They do actually. It's right here." He pointed to where a picture of Macarons were shown.
"Is there anything else you'd like?"

I shook my head.
"No, but thank you Nathan." I said while smiling at him.
"Of course beautiful."
Okay, this dude is going to be the death of me.

Soon a waitress came up to our table with a notepad in her hand.
"Êtes-vous les gars prêts à commander?"
(Are you guys ready to order?)

Soon Nathan spoke up
"Oui, nous aimerions dix macarons et une crêpe."
(Yes, we would like ten macaroons and a pancake)

The woman nodded then turned to Mr. Black
"et nous aimerions deux sacs de vos croissants."
(and we would like two bags of your croissants.)

Soon the woman wrote everything down and left.
"So now that that's done, let us get down to business." Soon Mr. Black smile was gone and was now looking at me seriously.

"Angelica I've been informed that you have no business in marrying my son, is this true?" Mr. Black said while folding his arms.

I was taken back by his bluntness and glanced at Nathan to see if he was affected by this and surprisingly he wasn't. All he did was just smile at me genuinely.

As I glanced over at mom I noticed that she was also unaffected by this.
"Angelica, my eyes are here."
I looked back at Mr. Black to see him waiting patiently for my response.

"It's... true sir." I said with a little hesitation in my voice.
"May I ask the reason why?" He asked.
For some reason I couldn't talk anymore.

It seemed like if I said the wrong thing, my situation would be getting worse. But suddenly Nathan grabbed my hand and started to squeeze it. As I looked at him he gave me a smile of reassurance.

And that was all it took to regain my composure again.

"Mr. Black, your son is a very extrodinary guy. He is very intelligent and not at all disrespectful. I have no reason to hate him at all," I looked back at Mr. Black again and looked at him in the eye.

"But I never made this decision." Mr. Black had no reaction so I continued.

"I want to be married to a person that I will encounter in my life. Not by a marriage that's been decided for me. Because love isn't something you're given, it's something you earn for once you look for it."

Mr. Black was silent for a moment and suddenly he was laughing so loud that he made the customers turn their heads towards us.

"Angelica, there is not a lot of people who are very honest with me nowadays because of who I am. But today you showed me that there are still people out there who knows that I am still human. So thank you."

Mr. Black was now grinning at me and I couldn't help but smile at him too.
"Thank you Mr. Black." I said.
"No thank you."

~20 mins later~

We were now coming out of the restaurant and was now walking towards Mr. Blacks house. As we were walking there, I realized that Nathan wasn't as bad as I thought he was.

"So you're telling me you've never rode on any rollercoasters before!?" I asked Nathan as I was walking beside him.

"Nope not even one, although a swing should count as one right?" Nathan said while smirking at me.
"Haha no way." Soon we both started laughing together all the way to their home.

Once we made it there, Mr. Black went to go show my mom her old friends that still worked there with him. So me and Nathan decided to go to their garden.

"Angelica can I ask you a question?" Nathan asked me as we layed down on the grass.
"Sure! What is it?" I said.

"The reason why you didn't accept our marriage... was because you have someone you love already, don't you?" I looked towards Nathan to see him waiting for my reply.

"I guess you can say that. Even though I know he won't love me back." I said looking up at the sky.
"And why is that?" He asked me.

"Because he already has someone he loves." Once I said that flashbacks of Cole and Rosemary started popping up in my head.

"Hmm I think you should wait and see." I looked back at Nathan to see him also staring at the sky.
"How come?" I asked.

"Because only time will tell when you will be destined to love." He said smiling at me.
"Thanks Nathan... I'll keep that in mind."