Not Themselves

Perona frowned seeing Mihawk stack his sixth book on the pile next to him. Then reached to a second pile and began to read that book. It's been a couple of weeks now, Sanji was mostly healed, his wrist was better, his nose was pretty much better. It was just very sensitive, everyone is jealous of his cool scar across the bridge of his nose. He was heading back to school and he and Zoro were off and on again friends. Sanji was not allowed back to Zoro's house since, obvious reasons. But they both fell into a depression, both cooping differently, Mihawk taking a couple paid weeks vacation to get over him. And Sanji, was just really good at hiding it.

But Perona was having enough of Mihawk's reading coope.

She groaned getting up earning Mihawk's attention. She headed into the kitchen having Mihawk turn back to his book. Zoro sat at the bar texting someone. Perona took his phone and held it behind her back.

"Hey. I was texting someone."

"Go talk to him." She hissed.

"What are you talking about?"

Rolling her eyes she grabbed Zoro's wrist and pulled him to the doorway between the dining room and the living room. They poked in seeing the book he was currently reading he was halfway through the book.

"He just picked up that book. And the stack to his left is the one's he finished, this morning." Perona said.

"So what, he's in a little reading. He always does that." Zoro said walking off.

She turned to him, "No you don't understand, this is his way of getting over Sanji. He hasn't stepped into work for about a few weeks now. And now, he's just sitting on the couch reading his entire library. Zoro, I think Sanji meant that much to him."

"Well should of thought of that before he slept with-"

"I think he loves him."

Zoro rolled his eyes, "Yeah right."

"Then why don't you ask him."

"Maybe I will."

Perona watched Zoro storm off into the living room and sat next to Mihawk. He waited as Mihawk found a good place to stop before placing his finger on the word. He turned to Zoro cocking a brow.

"Is everything okay son?"

"I'm just worried about you pops. You haven't gotten to work in a while, and you've been sitting here reading your books."

Mihawk glanced to the pile and chuckled, "Ah, I guess, I got a little carried away."

"A little?"

Mihawk stood setting his book down on the coffee table and stretched. Zoro watched him and sighed rubbing the back of his neck.

"Pops, I gotta ask, did you love Sanji?"

He turned to Zoro, "Why is that relevant?"

"I gotta know."

"I'd be lying if I said no."

He turned then walked into the kitchen. Perona tossed his phone into his lap before crossing her arms.

"It's time to let someone else in and take care of him." Perona said.

She turned on her heel and headed up the stairs to her room. Zoro looked to his phone before opening a new text.

Shanks perked up to a text from Zoro.

GreenOne: Hey, can I come over and talk to you?

"Benn, is it alright for Zoro to come over, he probably wants to talk about hawkeyes." Shanks called.

"Sure."

So within the hour, Zoro was able to make it over to Shanks house. He was let in while he and Shanks sat in the living room. Benn brought out some tea for Zoro and a small glass of scotch for Shanks before heading out. Zoro looked down to the mug and rubbed his thumb over the procline.

"This is about your father isn't it?" Shanks asked.

Zoro looked up to Shanks, "Yeah."

Taking a soft sip he sat back looking back at the mug.

"I thought it was just a little thing. Nothing big, or deep. I didn't know being with Sanji would of ment that much to him. I don't know what to do."

Shanks hummed, "I don't know about you, but Sanji ment a lot to him. They did sleep together, yes. But. they did go out all the time."

He pulled out his phone as he went through it. Shanks turned to Zoro handing it to him. He went through the pictures of Sanji and Mihawk together. Zoro then gave a disgusted look handing back his phone. Shanks chuckled to the nude picture of himself.

"Eh. Sorry about that." Shanks chuckled.

"So. They actually loved each other?"

"Very much. I could tell, and he wouldn't let me near Sanji so. That tells you something."

Zoro set his mug on the table before swiping Shanks glass and tossed it back. He furrowed as Zoro then left Shanks house.

Mihawk furrowed as Zoro swung open the door. Perona frowned as Zoro panted leaning against the door frame. He slammed the door and turned to Mihawk.

"Dad, I. I want you to see Sanji again." Zoro said.

"What for?"

"If you two do love each other, I. I feel that you two should be happy together. Sure, it's going to be weird, but if he makes you happy. I shouldn't be standing between you and your happiness."

"Zoro."

He opened the door as Sanji walked through. Mihawk stood as Sanji went up to him and they both embraced. Zoro smiled as Sanji and Mihawk cupped each other's faces before kissing softly. Perona smiled giving a soft awe hugging her knees. They pulled back pressing there foreheads together.

"Welcome back." Mihawk muttered.

"I'm glad to be home."