Distant (Roni)

You tapped your pencil on the desk as you couldn't figure out the equation for the math problem. You were in your room alone. The room all neat and tidy and bed made. You usually has a messy room. You could usually think of the math problem. But you are struggling because of a certain brown eyed girl invading your mind. You tired everything to get her off your mind. You busied yourself, but that obviously didn't work.

She started to become distant. You don't know why but she did. She stopped going to your house to pick you up from school. She stopped talking to you in the hallway. She stopped going up to you and told you about her problems. She stopped everything and you didnt know why.

Everyday for a year you thought of what you did wrong. You tried to talk to her but she kept shutting you down, giving you short answers like 'ok' or 'i can't talk right now' and a bunch more.

You used to be the bubbly and funny person. You used to be the person who was the least insecure among people. But that fact that she left you to defend for yourself. The best friend she knew for years. All gone to waste.

You and Veronica used to be childhood best friends. Some older neighbors might even call that childhood sweethearts. But we always denied it. Even though you felt that way.

You tried going to her house multiple times but would never acheive anything. Hed dad would kindly let me down and tell me that she wasnt home or that she's studying. But you knew that she was in her room hiding from you.

You texted her everyday asking her what you did wrong and why she stopped talking to you. Days turned into weeks and weeks turned into months as you sat in the room just thinking. You made yourself promise that day, that you were going to move on.

From that day you stopped leaving her the daily voice messages you always sent her. You stopped going by to her house and ask how she is. You stopped smiling at her in the hallways trying to get a reaction out of her. Lastly you stopped thinking about her. As the months passed by you felt happy and free. You didnt know that you could live without Veronica but you did. You even got a girl/boy friend. Finally you stopped thinking about her frequently. You continued on with your life until you got a call...

From Veronica.

You didn't know what to do, you didn't expect her to call you at all, or even have your number. You looked at Veronica's name flashing on your phone until it stopped dialing. You were shocked that she tried to call you after ignoring you for the longest time.

So you didn't think any of it, instead got to the math equation you were stuck on and solved it in a minute.

The next morning was pretty wierd. You got to school, and everything was the same. Until someone tapped you on you shoulder.

"Hey" the voice said. You turned around and saw what i didn't think was possible these days. Veronica, in the flesh, looking at you while giving you her small smile signaling that she's nervous. 

"Uh...", you said not really knowing what to say. You weren't mad at her anymore, just sad. Plus you're over her. 

"Babe!", a voice said from afar. You and Veronica both turned and looked to see my girl/boy friend heading towards us. The thing is they don't go to the same school as I do, they're a year ahead meaning they're in college and you were still a senior in high school. 

You just looked at Veronica and noticed that she looked a little red. That is definitely not from embarrassment.  When they finally made their way over here they gave me a huge hug and a little kiss on the cheek, like we always do. 

"Babe what are you doing here?" you said smiling from the kiss. 

"Well i just wanted to give you your lunch because I won't be able to go to our usual dinner like we do every night, I'm busy with school and deadlines and-"

"Ok, I get it." you said chuckling a little. They looked at you and gave you a kiss on the forehead then gave you the sack of In n Out. 

"See you later babe." they said while walking away. You looked at them and sighed almost forgetting Veronica. Almost. You looked a her and saw an unreadable expression on her face while she started at your girl/boy friend's retreating form. 

"So... what did you want to talk about?" you said trying to understand why she was standing here in the first place. She abruptly looked back at you.

"Oh. Yes so I-" she started but then the bell rang. She huffed in frustration. You started to walk away a little until she grabbed your arm.

"I'm sorry." she said while the student around us were rushing to get to class. You looked into her brown eyes which was the biggest mistake you ever made. Everything came back, and it turned out that you didn't move on from her, and when you realized that you widened your eyes in terror. She was still holding your arm which slowly slid down to your hand. 

By now everyone was already in their class. The warning bell just rang, but all you could do was stare into her misty eyes. The way she was looking at you held so much care and passion. All of a sudden she grabbed you face and kissed you with so much passion. You didn't expect it. You were shocked and didn't do anything for a good 10 seconds. Then you closed your eyes and kissed her back. Your mind went blank and all you could focus was the fireworks and the butterflies in your stomach. When the final bell rang you pulled away and just looked at her.

She looked at you the same way you were looking at her. You weren't over her and she wasn't over you.

Yayyyyyyy. I'm baccckkkkkk

Word Count 1053

Ps i still don't have a schedule so it's going to be random updates still sorry 

-Shy