there's a reason why (R)

Y/n pov 

I have a huge crush on this girl, Veronica. 

Everything she does is perfect for me. 

I fell in love the first time I saw her, my eyes were just drawn to her. I remember that day like it was yesterday. 

We were in a computer class, there were like five girls in the class so it was hard not to notice her. She was an A plus student, always focused on her work and not talking at all. Until the teacher changed the seats making her sit in my group. 

I started to talk to her, she wasn't really interested until I brought up a certain teacher. That's how I got to talking to her. 

Now she just talks to me about her B in English class or what she learned. 

But I want more than that.

"Y/n..." I looked up and saw my friend look at me concerned. I smiled and shoved his arm.  He let out a little 'ow' and glared at me. I smirked and talked to him about something else, noticing the way Veronica looked at me. 

I gasped for breath and looked around. I was in the woods. 

I got up from the grass and looked down. I still had my school clothes on. The trees loomed over me, the night sky haunting me as I started to walk on the long wavy path. 

The moon illuminating a path that I should take. Should. But there was another path that led somewhere deeper in the woods.  My heart tugged towards that road. 

I looked up and saw crows flying to the illuminated path. I froze. 

The crowd cheered as I finished my performance. I got up from the piano and searched among the cheering people. I saw Veronica. 

She was the only one sitting. 

She didn't look amused.   

I smiled and gave her a wink while I walked off of the stage. 

"Good job Y/n!" I looked up to see my piano teacher walking to me. He had a happy grin on his face. 

"Thank you sir-"

"You had one job Y/n." I looked down as the king scoffed.

"I'm so sorry-"

"Enough! All you had to do was watch the princess! Watch! How hard is that!" The king flailed his hands around in an unpredictable manner. He then stopped and looked at me in the eyes. 

"Get out." I got up from my kneeling position and walked out of the castle. 

"Just one more thing." I turned around to see the king release his bow and arrow. 

The arrow hit me in the stomach. I landed on my knees and laid on my right side. I heard footsteps and a voice. With blurry vision, I looked up and saw the king smirk at me.

"You. Had. One. Job." 

I walked towards the dark path. 

Along the way, I saw moving bushes, the wind howled, the trees moving viciously. 

"Y/n..." The wind howled at me. "Y/n!" It started to become louder. I covered my ears and everything has gone silent.