You'll never be alone 2 (N)

y/n pov

The lights illuminated all around me, the club music pounding through the walls. I took another sip of my drink, setting it down slowly. 

The bartender, elated with my behavior, poured me another drink. 

"I see you got better." I forced a grin, drinking everything in one go. 

"Yeah, it's been a few months..." 

"I think it's almost been a year, I would know. You started coming out of nowhere and became a regular of mine." I scoffed and tapped my glass. He understood and gave me another. 

"It's hard..." 

"No need to tell the story again, I memorized it." I looked up surprised. 

"No way, I don't talk about her that much."

"But you do." I laughed a bit. "It's really hard to get over someone you love." 

I watched as the bartender poured me a shot. I saw his nametag for the first time. "John?" He looked up. "Wow, you look more like a Jackson." 

"Wow, to think I was going to give you this shot for free." 

"I was just kidding," I smirked to myself. He stopped what he was doing and stared at me in the eyes. "Are you over her?" I swallowed and shook my head no. 

"Nope, not even close." It must have been my imagination, he seemed sad. 

"Oh... well that's..." He stopped talking and looked at the door. I wasn't paying attention though, because there was a girl that sat next to me. 

"Hi, I'm Sharon." I forced a smile and looked the other way. She was persistent and kept trying to talk to me. "Do you want me to buy you a drink?" 

"No thank you..." I said quickly. I was getting uncomfortable as she kept asking me personal questions. 

Usually, John would stop them but he left. I didn't even know when he left.

john pov

"What the hell are you doing here?" 

"I'm done waiting for y/n." I rolled my eyes and rubbed my face. I lead her outside the club so that I could actually have a conversation. 

"Vanessa, you know y/n isn't ready-"

"I waited for far too long. I want to see-"

"I asked the question, y/n isn't ready. I kept track alright, just like you said." Vanessa groaned, she still made her way into my club without a word.

y/n pov

"Look, Sharon. You seem like a good person...", I watched as she drunkenly put a hand on my thigh, "...but I'm not interested."

"You will after I'm done with you." She winked at me and grabbed my hair. I tried to pull away but she was hella strong.

Just as she was about to force a kiss on me, someone came in and beat the hell out of her. I watched as Sharon got pummeled and saw the bouncers separate Sharon and the mystery girl.

"Vanessa! What the fuck!" My heart stopped beating for a second after hearing that name again. 

The mystery girl raised her head, making eye contact with me. Vanessa. Seeing her again made me realize how much I missed her. It took everything in me to not attack her in a hug.

As she got escorted by the bouncers, I went up to John.

"You kept track of me for Vanessa huh?" He gave me a dopey grin while I rolled my eyes at him.

"I mean, she's a good customer too."

"Creep." I joked with him, pulling out my wallet. "Here you go, thank you for keeping track of me and telling Vanessa." I said passive-aggressively.

"You're welcome!" He screamed after me as I walked out. I smiled seeing Vanessa about to have another fistfight with the bouncers.

"Look, miss, you need to leave."

"No, I need to see someone in there."

"If you don't leave I'm going to call the police-"

"It's alright guys, she's looking for me." I interrupted. The three of them looked at me. One of the bouncers came up to me ad kneeled down.

"Oh thank god... I was gonna call the cops." I smiled, patting his head.

"She had that kind of effect on others." I looked up to see her staring at me. "Let's go?" I asked. She nodded and we walked to her car.

Usually, when I go to the club, I make sure not to drive. I always uber or pay a taxi to take me home. 

Once we got to the car, we sat there in silence for a good minute. I looked over to see her staring at me already. 

"Um..are you gonna..." She jumped, making me jump too. She quickly took out her keys, fumbling for a good second before putting the keys in the ignition. She then cleared her throat and left the parking of John's club.

She was taking me back to our old house. 

"I know I'm taking you back to our- my... my house." She stuttered. "It's just... I haven't talked to you in so long.. and..and I was going insane without you with me. Just, please stay the night-"

"Ok." I stopped her ranting. From the corner of my eye, I saw her give me a glance but look away. 

"Ok..."

final no pt 3