[GXG] never got a chance, (R)

tell me in the comments, how many of you are girls and just want gxg one shots... I'm looking at the stats and 62% of y'all r girlsssssss. 

I love her. 

Right? It's so typical. 

 I love how she can be so effortlessly beautiful. She can be an asshole sometimes but that's kind of why I fell for her. 

But I know for a fact, she will never feel the same way as I do for her. See she loves someone else. I just have to be that best friend who has to be there for her. 

Everyone loves writing about this scenario. Some don't know how it feels. To fall for someone who you have no chance of being with.

I had these thoughts as I stared at Veronica from the side. We were doing homework in my room. She always insists on finishing her homework right after she receives it. I can't with her sometimes.

I guess I've been staring for a while because she looked up and stared at me too. 

"What?" She asked putting down her computer. I smiled and quickly looked away. I then started finishing the math problem I was stuck on. I could still feel her stare on me. She got up from her sitting position on the bed and made her way to the floor where I was situated.

I looked up again to see her staring at me. I gave her a grin and pretended to do work again. She didn't like that. Instead, she took my pencil and put it out of reach from me. I looked up again to see her smirking at me. 

"What are you doing Veronica?" I questioned. She gave me a smile and threw the pencil onto the bed.

"Because you won't talk to me." How I wish I could. 

We eventually finished homework and ended up laying on the couch and watching Netflix. That's what we always do when we're by ourselves. This was the first time in a long time that we had a chance to be together. 

She's been busy interacting with other people, as I said in the beginning. I sighed rather loudly with her head rested on my shoulder. She looked towards me and stared at the side of my face. I continued watching the show. 

She got up and turned off the TV. I gave her a look, a 'why did you do that' expression. She rolled her eyes and faced me. 

"Why are you acting so weird?" I froze for a second. She looked me in my eyes, waiting for my answer. 

"No reason... you know how I am." I brushed the question off and tried to reach for the remote. Of course, she put it out of reach again. She threw it to the other couch. 

"Y/n, please... tell me what's going on," Veronica begged. I finally faced her and looked deeply into her eyes. 

"It's you..." I whispered slowly. She gave me a confused look. 

"What do you mean-"

"I mean, I've loved you ever since we became friends." Veronica shook her head no and stood up. 

"There's no way Y/n..." I shook my head also and stood up with her. I grabbed the counter as if I was in an earthquake and rested my head there.

"Believe it. I. Love. You. I love you so damn much..." My voice broke off, I tried to hold back my tears but I couldn't. I've been holding it in for too long. "Why couldn't I just tell you... why couldn't I tell you when I had the chance..." I whispered. 

Veronica looked at me sadly. 

"Y/n..." 

"Why!" I yelled and broke away from her. I sat down on the couch and cried my eyes out. Veronica tried to grab me but her hand went right through my arm...

"Why did she have to die..." I whispered to myself. I looked up to see the TV playing before me. The remote was right next to me and no one was in the room. "Why couldn't I just told her before..." I stood up quickly and turned off the TV. I left the house with my keys.

Next thing I know I was at the cemetery again. It was raining, clouds dark and sad, almost like me. I walked to her grave again. I was a mess, she was my life. Little did I know she saw everything. She saw how I imagined what she would have done while doing homework. She saw how I tried to act like she still alive while watching Netflix. 

What a cruel world. 

I sat down on the dirt ground. The rain digging into my skin. I didn't bother to bring an umbrella or jacket. I took a deep breath as I saw her grave. I reached for the air in front of me. 

veronica pov

I saw her try to reach out to me. She didn't know that she stopped her hand right where my face would have been. She caressed my face. Y/n looked so sad. Baggy eyes, sad eyes. I looked after her, she wasn't eating, she wasn't living. 

I swallowed the saliva building up in my throat. I wish I could tell her that I'm right here. I love her too, but all I can do is watch as she tries to move on. 

"Why was I such a wimp to tell you..." She whispered. I stared at her and shook my head. 

"Y/n... I love you too. I love you but I want you to move on." I whispered back. I put my hand on either side of her face. I couldn't feel her. How I wish I could one last time. "Please, move on for me." I know she couldn't hear me. 

This was so cruel. 

y/n pov

I felt the wind go to my back and up my spine. 

Please, move on for me... It whispered. I sighed and got up. 

"Now I have to live a life without you. I will move on, for you. But I will always love you."  I whispered into the sky. 

Sometimes it's not the person that breaks your heart... It's time. 

Wrong timing, at the wrong place, at the wrong time. 

I wasn't ready for the pain.

Everything hurts.

I couldn't breathe.

The wind picked up as if going around me. I looked up ahead of me just to see the silhouette of a person.  A girl, Veronica. 

She nodded at me disappeared. The wind died down but the rain continued to pour. 

I never got a chance to love her. We didn't get a chance. 

I closed my eyes and looked up into the sky again. I felt the rain fall onto my skin. My shirt soaked along with my jeans. I fixed my hair and held my chest. The pain in my heart was almost too much to handle. 

I'll just be her best friend, I'll try my best to move on. For now though... goodbye.

I'll miss the way you laugh.

I'll miss your smile.

Your songs. 

You...

I got myself up from the muddy ground. 

"Goodbye..." I whispered to her grave.