I never stood a chance huh? 2

y/n pov

"Get the hell out Jackson!" I yelled at him, shoving his clothes towards him. He stared his teary eyes into mine, but I didn't care.

"Y'n, I'm sorry-" 

"Just go fuck that girl again, get the hell out of here." I groaned and walked out of the bedroom.

"Wait! Where are you going!" 

"Out!" I yelled at him. I could tell he panicked for a bit as I heard him coming down the stairs with me. 

"Wait, can't we talk about this-"

"Sure, let's talk now." I looked at him in the eyes, waiting for his explanation. He looked everywhere but in my eyes. 

"I..I.. made..made a mistake..." He stuttered for a second. I sighed and let my tough exterior down. Even though I was mad as hell, he was still my best friend. 

"Just tell me..." He rubbed his face and took my hand, sitting me down on the couch. 

"She didn't mean anything-"

"First of all you never start with that, just tell me who it was and why."

"I don't know her name, I was drunk at one of my parties... you know how crazy they get." I rolled my eyes at his lame excuse, making a move to get up but Jackson stopping me. "Please, she didn't mean anything to me-"

"Jackson, I'm sorry. I just, I never though you. You of all people would cheat on me." He stared at his lap while I continued to talk. "I don't hate you... ok I may hate you a little bit right now, but you were there for me when I thought I had no one else. Maybe we should just stay friends." He shook his head and held my hands. 

"Please... please one more chance. I.. I messed up once..." He trailed off, the tears in his eyes prominent. 

"Jackson... I'm sorry. This isn't fair to you, I know that I will never look at you the same." He sighed and leaned back into his couch, looking defeated and hollowed out. I sighed and headed for the door when I stopped for a second.

"Maybe we weren't meant to be..." He leaned back so that he was looking at the ceiling, tears going to the sides of his head.

"I know you still love Vanessa, no need to lie. If Vanessa did this you wouldn't have given two shits." He spits out Vanessa's name like it was trash. I turned around to see him glaring at me. "Why can't you love me as you loved her!" He yelled at me. I stood my ground. He suppressed his tears, letting me see how affected he is by me leaving. "I fucked up once... and you fucking leave. Vanessa, she's given unlimited fucking chance...chances. Why can't you choose me...me for once in your life..." His voice lowered with each word.

It's true, I was still in love with Vanessa, you never forget your first love. I sighed and walked back again, this time sitting on the other chair. He was still in the same position, the tears not stopping. 

"Jackson... you knew, so why did you waste your time on me-"

"You don't think I ask myself that every fucking day in high school! We are fucking adults now and you still can't get over her!" His voice cracked, he was in pain; but I felt nothing. I was heartless, selfish maybe, this wasn't right. He's my best friend... why don't I feel anything? He rubbed his face and looked at me in the eyes for the first time in a while. "Vanessa, ask her out. Be happy without me. I'll try to be happy without you, both of us are going to go back to being friends. We'll act like we were never in a relationship."

I'm heartless, so heartless for agreeing with him and leaving him there. His voice was filled with resentment for Vanessa, how all she had to do was breath while Jackson couldn't even make me stay one night. The hurt didn't hit me, not yet. When I got into the car... the tears started to flood my eyes. I shook my head and started the car back to my apartment which I kept. I knew Jackson and I wouldn't work out, we were too different. He is outgoing and loves adventure while I would rather stay home and watch some movies on Netflix. 

I haven't visited my apartment in a while, I kept it without Jackson knowing. I knew that he and I wouldn't have worked. So me being ready for any disaster, saved my apartment and paid for rent. 

When I got to the front door I saw that my door was open. I quickly went in, and quietly made my way to my room. Opening the door I saw a figure lying on my bed, holding my old sweatshirt. I looked closer to see Vanessa, asleep. I shook her awake causing her to jump. I took a step back while she fell off the bed. 

"Whoa, are you alright?" She groaned and got up with a huff. 

"What the..." I tilted my head, while she blinked her eyes hard. "Am I dreaming again? Head you better stop this madness..." I opened my mouth to speak but got interrupted as she places her finger on my lips. "Shhh, don't you dare speak. How can I still remember the way you smell, or the way your eyes look?" I just stared as she looked me over.

"I..I'm real-"

"Shhh, that's what you said before, and now? Do you think I'll believe you after the 100th time you told me 'I'm real'? No way, you ain't fooling me tonight!" She yelled out the last part as she laid on my bed again.

"Alright, since I'm not real, how did you get into my house?"

"You're key, I stole it from you a while ago and use it when I miss you so damn much that I can barely breathe because of my dumb decisions back then." I sighed and watched as she fell asleep. 

I'm such a heartless person, but not for Vanessa...