eleven

genesis's p.o.v

"are you excited?" elijah asked and pulled me closer to his body. "i'm really excited, but i'm scared" i said and he laughed. "why?" he asked and i looked in the mirror. "i had julie invite some friends from high school and i'm just having a little anxiety" i said and he nodded. "they'll love me" he said and kissed me.

i smiled and he walked out the room. i pulle ddown the blue dress and put on some clear lip gloss. i walked downstairs and there was everyone. of course mikaela decorated and planned everything, she's been so helpful and i'm so thankful for her.

"hello beautiful"julie said and we hugged. "aweh look at you, blue is your color" she said and i smiled. "did they show up?" i asked and she nodded. "let me go say hi to everyone and i'll go find y'all" i said and she nodded. i walked towards elijah who was talking to derek. "hi gorgeous" he said and kissed me.

"you look beautiful, gene" derek said and kissed my forehead. "let me introduce you to gang- i mean family" he said and i rolled my eyes. he took my hand and guided me around the living room. everyone was really nice and gave me good vibes.

"and this is my cousin, james" elijah said and i made eye contact with a short man. "blood cousin?" i asked and james nodded. "it's nice to meet you, you've changed my cousin. i like it" he said and i smiled. "don't wanna change him too much" i said and elijah pulled me close. he kissed my head and we continued to talk to james.

"gene! come here" julie said. "excuse me" i said and smiled at james, i kissed elijah and walked towards julie was outside. "ethan!" i yelled and ran to my high school bestfriend.... don't tell he but he also my first boyfriend... first everything actually...

"you look... amazing" he said and spun me around. "i can't believe you are pregnant, and it's not by me" he said laughing. i rolled my eyes and we catched up. "did you forget about me?" i turned around and there was my favorite person ever, martin. "how could i?!?" i yelled and hugged him. "how have you been?!?" i asked and he showed me his left hand.

"i'm engaged bitch!" he yelled and i squealed. "biiiiittcchhh" i yelled and we started to laugh. we all stood there and caught up with each other and our crazy lives. "it's cold, can we go inside?" julie asked and i nodded. we stepped inside and elijah was sitting on the couch and he looked angry.

"there's food over there, go enjoy yourselves. i'll be back" i said and walked towards him. his leg was shaking and he looked pissed off. "babe? everything okay?..." i asked and he never made eye contact with me. i followed his death stare and there was justin.

justin turned around and seen me, he bit his lip and elijah stood up. "eli. no" i said and tried to grab his arm. he looked back at me and growled. i threw my hands up in surrender and he marched towards him. "hey bro, congrats" justin said and elijah threw a punch. the whole party scattered and derek grabbed elijah. "what the hell!" justin yelled and held his bloody nose. "you broke my fucking nose!" he yelled and max helped him up.

"i heard you flirted with my girl. then you come to my house and stare at her like she's food, well she is. but she's mine" elijah yelled and justin laughed. "well looked like your girl wanted me, so why not go for it and give her this good shit that she's missing" justin said and elijah got out of derek arms and threw himself at justin. i won't lie, justin got a few punched but he couldn't get up and elijah wouldn't stop. "elijah! stop!" i yelled and max grabbed me.

"you don't need to see this, let's go gene" he said and i started to cry. "elijah! stop!" i yelled and he continued to beat justin. blood was all over justin's face and all on elijah's fist.... "excuse me, what is going on in here?" we all turned our heads towards the door and there was a woman, maybe in her 50's.

"elijah, get off that young man right now" she snapped and elijah jumped up. derek helped justin up and justin held his nose. "now. show your mother some respect" she said and grabbed elijah for a hug. "mother?" i asked and she looked at me. "ahh. you must be my daughter in law, i'm Evelyn. elijah's mother" she said and i went to shake her hand. she laughed and pulled me in for a hug. "i see i'm going to have a grandson. elijah, i thought maybe you would call your mother to tell her you are having a kid" she said and crossed her arms.

"i thought you didn't want to be apart of my life" elijah said and stood by me. she rolled her eyes and walked towards the kitchen. "elijah, we need to speak about your father" she said and grabbed a beer. "i don't have anything to do with that man. i told you that years ago" he spat and she rolled her eyes. "leave" he snapped and she stood up

"elijah, i am your mother. i deserve respect and you will give it to me, i'm sorry but i'm taking my son away from this party, he'll be back" she said and grabbed elijah by his ear. "wow. is that what you want to live with for the rest of your life?" ethan asked and i rolled my eyes. "he isn't always like this. he had a moment, we'll be fine" i said and walked towards mikaela.

///

"aren't you worried about him? he's been outside for 3 hours, everyone's about to leave" julie said and i stood up. "elijah's grown, it's his mother. what is she gonna do? kill him?" i asked and everyone laughed. he came marching in and went straight to the fridge and grabbed a beer. "what?" he asked and everyone looked at me. "it's time to open the baby's gifts" max said and he nodded. we opened the presents and it warmed my heart. everyone got me clothes, bottles, toys and blankets. "this is from my mother" elijah said and gave me a check for $20,000.

"wha the fuck" i said and he sipped his beer. "take it" he snapped and i did. we continued to open the gifts and elijah seemed totally uninterested.....

///

"thank you for coming" i said and hugged julie. "no problem, call me" she said and i nodded. "i love you" i said and she rubbed my belly. "i love you too" she said and i hugged martin goodbye.  "if this doesn't work out, just know that you still and always will have a place in my heart" ethan said and pulled me close. "ethan, i love him.... it will work out, i know it will" i said and pushed him off of me and he sighed. "i love you genesis, take care" he said and walked away. i sighed and walked inside.

i started to help with the mess and max picked me up. "unun. you go bed and rest, i'm sure your ankles are swollen" he said and i smiled. "max, thank you. so much, you've been so helpful and i'm so grateful" i said and we hugged. "no problem, princess" he said and i walked in the room. elijah was sitting in the corner drinking with his head down.

i walked toward him and he put his hand up to keep me away. "please, just sleep. leave me alone" he said and i sighed. "eli- i said please, genesis. please leave me alone" he said and i took off my dress. i changed into a really loose shirt and some shorts and laid in bed. i faced him and his head hung so low....

xxxx

hello my loves, i am back... like i said, i'm still sad but i'm feeling somewhat better. i hope you enjoyed. thank you so much for all your positive and sweet comments, it warmed my heart and i'm so thankful for every single one of you💛. i hope you enjoyed this shit of a chapter, until next time

xoxo, mireyaa