thirty-one

a/n okay sooo i know i've never write about genesis's family soo i'll explain. when she was 5 years old her dad beat her mother and she had to watch the whole thing. he was put in jail and he got out when she was 6, her mother turned to drugs and didn't do much for genesis. her dad came out,  and went straight to drugs. he overdosed when she was 8. her mother couldn't handle the pain and she gave genesis up for adoption so she can go get clean. but she never came back for genesis

genesis's p.o.v

4 months later

today is the day I can call eli my husband. I can't believe that after such a short time I fell in love with a gang leader. everyone I meet who knows Elijah is always surprised how he isn't a "gangleader" around me, some even say I changed him and I really hope I did. i'm ready to continue this amazing journey with the gangleader that I can soon call my husband.

I'm almost 5 months and we decided to get married now. "are you ready?" mika asked me and I slowly turned around. I smiled and she smiled back. "you look beautiful" she said and we hugged. "let's go get you married!" she yelled and we walked out the room.

///

"did you guys write your own vows?" the priest asked and we both nodded. "you may speak first" he said and looked at elijah. "you have made me a better person than i ever knew i could be and you continue to make me better, braver, and kinder every single day. knowing you and loving you has been the single greatest thing in my life, besides jayson and this new bundle of boy" he said and rubbed my belly. "and i can't believe that i can keep knowing you better, and love you more, every day for the rest of our lives"he said and wiped a tear from his eye as i did the same.

"i feel like everything in my life has led me to you. my choices, my heartbreaks, my regrets. everything. and when we're together, my past seems worth it. because if i had did one thing differently, i might have never met you" i said and he smiled. "now for the real part" the priest said and we held hands.

//

"you may now kiss the bride!" he yelled and elijah grabbed me. he kissed me and spun me around. we walked back down the isle and he kissed me again. "i cant believe you are officially my wife" he said and i grabbed his face and kissed him softly. "now to the after party!" derek yelled and we all smiled

he took my hand and we ran into the little hall that was set up for the party. me and elijah walked around and talked to everyone and the music got low. i turned towards the dance floor and elijah let go of my hand. i stood there, confused and he grabbed the mic.

"today is a very special day, i know me and my parents aren't on good terms but i appreciate you both for showing up today. genesis has been feeling some typa way today because, she doesn't have her mother here" he said and a tear slipped.

"but me being an amazing husband i decided to search and search" he said and anxiety filled my body. "Gina, can you come out here?" he said and the door swung open. there she was, in a skin tight pink dress with her hair tired up. time has been nice to her, she hasn't aged at all.

"mom!" i yelled and ran to her. she hugged me and i cried. she softly rubbed my head and pulled away. she kissed my cheek and held my hand. "i love you" i said and she smiled. "and i love you" she said and we hugged again.

"i think now is the time for the mother daughter dance" the dj said and we smiled. they put on a slow song and she grabbed me.

"i see you have found a beautiful life" she said smiling. "i did, you never came back" i said and she sighed. she grabbed my face and softly smiled.

"i couldn't.... i mean i did but i seen you and you looked so happy. your father passed and i didn't have a job or a house.... i didn't want to take you away because i couldn't give you what they could give you" she said crying

"you could of gave me real motherly love, what they couldn't. i was in and out of foster homes because they didn't want a scrub like me" i said and she cried more.

"ah mija. i'm so sorry...." she said and a tear fell from my eyes. "will you be in my life now?" i asked and she smiled.

"of course, baby" she said and we hugged. the dance was shook over and i took her to meet the gang.

"guys, meet my mom, gina" i said and she smiled and waved at them all.

"this is lucas and his girlfriend tessa. that's alex and her boyfriend derek.. then that's mika and her husband max and their beautiful babies alexis and alexander." i said and they all shook hands.

"and there is elijah and jayson, your son-in-law and grandson" i said and she smiled. "i've met elijah, he wanted me to meet jayson with you" she said smiling.

"hi mommy" jayson said and jumped in my arms. "jay jay, this is your grandma gina" i said and he smiled. "i have another grandma?" he asked excited.

"yes baby, go give her a hug" i said and he smiled. he jumped out my arms and hugged her. "come here" i said and pulled elijah closer to my body.

"i love you, you are the best" i said and he smiled. he kissed me. "gene! come here" lucas said and pulled me towards the bar.

"are you sure it's okay?" he asked and i smiled. "of course, are you ready?" i asked and he nodded. "thank you, princess" he said and we hugged.

"okay! it's time to catch the Bouquet" the dj yelled and i went to the middle of the dance floor.

"1....2...3..." i said and threw the flowers behind me. everyone moved out the way so tessa could catch them and she was super confused.

"uh?" she asked and lucas came on the floor. "Tessa Gonzalez, will you be my wife?" he asked and she dropped the flowers and cried. "of course i will!" she yelled and kissed him

"we all cheered and they hugged. "thank you, gene" she said and we hugged. "who wants cake?" elijah asked and we all smiled.

xxxxx