twenty- seven

genesis's p.o.v

we have been in this hotel room for about a week now and i'm so scared..... i have been cuddling with jayson since we got here..... i know i got pregnant from a one night stand by a gang leader, but i fell in love. of course i still love him, i always will...

but it's not right if i don't feel safe, i fear for my life and my sons life... elijah doesn't understand. *knock knock* i slowly stood up and walked towards the door. i opened the door and there was, Derek?

"i know, surprise" he said and stepped in the room. "jayjay!" he yelled and jayson stood up and they hugged. "i missed you, bud" derek said and messed up jaysons hair.

"what's up?" i asked and derek sat on the bed. "you need to come back home" he said. "derek...." i said and he stood up. "elijah loves you, you know that. i know that was a scary situation but he protected you, and he always will" he said and i sighed.

"come home, please?" he asked again. "he's so miserable without you. he's been in the room since you left, he hasn't eaten or anything" he said and i sighed. "what if jayson was there" i said.

"he wasn't, genesis and that great. you are all fine, i know how you feel not only is elijah protecting you, we all are" he said and i sighed.

"i promise nothing will happen to you or jayson, just come home" he said and i looked at jayson. he looks just like elijah.... "okay" i said and derek smiled. "great, pack your stuff" he said and grabbed jayson.

///

"i'll watch jayson, go see eli" derek said and i nodded. i slowly walked upstairs and went to our room. i knocked on the door and there was a loud shatter. "elijah, it's me" i said and the door swung open. he pulled me in and hugged me.

"genesis... i'm so sorry" he said and i hid my head in his neck. "i didn't know someone was going to show up, that's why i didn't have security. but you gotta know that i would never put you or jayson in danger" he said and i pulled away.

"i'm sorry, i overreacted.... not really, but i just been scared. i've been scared and all it took was to be held by you to feel safe" i said and he pushed some hair behind my ear. "you'll always feel safe because i'll always protect you" he said and i smiled.

"i love you" he said and i smiled. "and i love you" he kissed me and pushed me on the bed. "wait. where's jayson?" he asked and got off me. "derek, living room" i said and he ran downstairs.

i laughed and followed him, i watched form the top of the stairs, he grabbed jayson and spun him around. "i missed you buddy!" he yelled and jayson giggled.

////

"come here" elijah said as i laid jayson in his crib. i walked to him and he kissed me. "do you love me?" he asked and i nodded. "duh" i said and he laughed. "let's go back to our room" he said smirking.

xxx

hellooo. i would like to apologize if this chapter is shitty, but it's a gang story ya know ? i messed up, i should of made elijah mean in the beginning like any normal gang story, so i apologize...

but i would like to say a few things because this week has been hectic.

i don't know if anyone knows but i'm a 10th grader and we did a walk in at my school. many people were being ignorant to the fact that we were showing our respect and supporting the 17 fallen people we lost in florida, not only for them but for anyone we have lost due to gun violence.

i lost an uncle, and my girlfriend. it's hard, my father was shot 10 times when i was 3, so yeah. i take guns seriously. i feel like even if we take away guns there will still be violence.

people were even saying they should make it illegal till we are 25, yeah like that'll change anything. it's just like how people can get ILLEGAL DRUGS OFF THE STREET AT ANY AGE AS LONG AS THEY HAVE MONEY. do people really think it'll change for guns?

not only should we be doing walk in and walk outs for school shooting but for everyone, cops kill innocent people every fucking day, i hear gun shots almost every night where i live(in the hood).

i just needed to get that off my chest.

hold hands not guns