twenty-three

recap~ "walk towards the back" max said and my heart sank. "jayson" i said and elijah looked at me. my eyes started to get watery and mika held my hand. there was a soft tap on the back window and there was lucas, holding jayson. "come out, quickly and quietly" he said and we did as told. "i need you guys to go into the basement, okay? stay there until we get you" he said and passed me jayson. "he's fine, you'll be fine" he said and we ran to the basement.

once we were inside the sound of gunshots filled our ears and i held onto jayson for dear life.

genesis's p.o.v

we stood there, waiting for what seemed like hours, but it was only minutes. my anxiety was so high and jayson was up, crying. "dada!" he yelled and i hugged him tighter. "they'll be okay, we'll be okay" alex said and we all nodded.

there were no more gunshots and it was quiet. the doors to the basement started to slowly open and we all held hands. "it's me, are you guys alright?" max asked and we rushed out of the basement. i ran to elijah's arms and he kissed me and jayson.

"what happened?" tessa asked hugging lucas. "we need to get to the safe house, we'll explain there" he said and we nodded. "you girls go to the car with max, we'll go grab a few things" derek said and elijah kissed me. "i'll be there in no more the five" he said and i nodded.

////

we are at the safe house right now and we are all in the kitchen, jayson is asleep on the couch right in front of us. "so what happened?" alex asked. "i was on a business call and i heard someone trying to come in through the window. i slowly approached the window and there was a man, i shot him and ran to get jayson" lucas said and took a sip of the coffee, tessa took his hand and he smiled.

"i climbed down the window, carefully" he said and looked at me. "i know that men had more people with him, that's why i made y'all go to the basement" he said and we all nodded. "so what's going to happen to the house?" i asked.

"we will stay here for a few days and then move into a new house, i will get more security cameras and a better system before we move in. we won't be here long" elijah said and grabbed my hand. "mama?" i looked towards jayson and he was trying to get up. "come here baby" i said and picked him up. i rocked him back and forth until i heard his soft snores. "you girls will take the master bedroom, see you in the morning" max said and we all walked upstairs. the bed was a california king and as soon as we laid in it, we were sound asleep.

xxxxx