Chapter 41

"Are you sure?" Skye asked. She looked at her best friend who sat opposite her, chewing her nails. The auburn haired girl slowly nodded.

"About eighty percent."

"Have you taken-?"

"No."

"Then how can you be sure?"

Everest thought. "I just feel...different. Like I don't have that much energy anymore, the team are slacking as it is they don't need me to drag them further down." Skye nodded as her friend explained.

"Mum and dad are going to kill me." Everest muttered.

"Don't be silly." Skye placed a hand on her friend's shoulder.

"No Skye they will. They dont want this."

"Ev. For once in your life, be selfish. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know." Everest began crying and her friend just held her.

"You'll be alright Ev. We're all here for you whether or not your parents are. Me, Chase, Rocky, Marsh,"

"Oh my god Marshall! He's gonna leave me now! I know he will Skye! What am I gonna do!?" Everest was getting hysterical. Skye quickly  but lightly slapped her friend.

"Hey!"

"Ev snap outta it. Marshall is not gonna leave you. Trust me if he tries I'll break every single bone in his body." Everest calmed herself and sat back beside the blonde. "You have to tell him."

Everest sighed and opened her mouth to reply but was interrupted by someone else.
"Tell me what?" The girls looked up to see none other than Marshall himself. After a long pause, Skye clapped her hands.

"Right I'm gonna leave you two to talk." She stood up and left the room, throwing her friend a look that said 'tell him.' Marshall watched her go and walked over to Everest and kissed her cheek.

"What do you need to tell me?" He asked, smiling.

"Well...you see...I'm..."

"No!" Rocky gasped as he nearly choked on his tea.

"Yeah. She's telling him now but not a peep from either of you am I making myself clear?" Skye threatened, pointing her finger at Rocky and Zuma.

"Ouw lips awe sealed." Zuma promised. The three looked up as they heard someone running down the stairs and slamming the door. Skye's walked out to see Everest sat on the stairs, bawling her eyes out.

"Ev!" Skye rushed to her side.

"He-he-he didn't say anything. He j-just ran off." Skye looked at Rocky and Zuma.

"You two stay here with Ev. I'll go after Marshall."

"Are you sure that's wise?" Rocky raised an eyebrow.

"Yes. You know me well enough Rock."

"That's what he's afwaid of."

Skye shook their words off, pulled on her coat and shoes before running after the black haired boy. Despite the rain and cold, she knew she had to do this for Everest.