Chapter 50

At about three PM, there was a knock at the door and the rest of the team practically clambered over each other to get to the door, knowing it was Marshall and Everest. Thanks to her small size, Skye managed to escape the collapse of her friends and looked down triumphantly as she opened the door. Marshall and Everest, who was holding their daughter in her car seat, looked at their friends and laughed upon seeing all but Skye in a pile on the floor.

"Hi." Skye beamed.

"Hey." They returned, stepping in.

"Ugh. Hi. Yes, I'm free!" Sweetie giggled as she squeezed out of the pile and skipped over to join Everest and Skye. Marshall helped the boys get unstuck and Rocky joined the girls. Chase, Tracker, Zuma and Rubble looked at the remaining four with slight shock as they heard them talking about babies and such topics.

"Coffee?" Chase nodded to the kitchen.

"Yep." They chorused, Marshall laughing slightly as he followed.

"Coming Wocky?"

"What just cause I'm a guy I can't talk about babies?" He joked back.

"Glad he's a guy and can't get pwegnant." The brunette muttered.

"There's still that magic 'a' word." Rocky chuckled, kissing his boyfriend's cheek as they passed to go down to the den.

Zuma looked confused. "Ana-"

"No!" Rocky slowly turned red. "You're way to dirty minded." Skye stood behind her brother laughing her head off as were the others. "I hate you all." Rocky grumbled, quickly running down the stairs.

"I can have coffee now!" Everest gasped as she sat on the sofa in the den.

"Want one?" Skye giggled.

"Yes!"

"Coming right up." Skye wandered over and made drinks for the four of them. Sweetie and Everest were talking about Savannah but Rocky, Skye noticed, looked like something was on his mind. After a little while, there were small cries that could be heard from their friend's daughter. Everest gently picked up the baby and held her close to her chest, cooing to her and rubbing her back soothingly. Savie quietened down and snuggled into her mother, falling asleep again. The auburn haired girl smiled and looked at her friends.

"I know you're avoiding asking about him. Toby I mean." She said, giving a knowing look.

"Kinda." They confessed. After Everest brought this up, Rocky relaxed a little. So that's why he was so anxious. Skye thought.

"Don't avoid it. I can't pretend that it didn't happen, that he never existed." She smiled a little.

"I guess we just didn't want to upset you." Sweetie said, giving a sympathetic expression.

"I can't lie, I bawled my eyes out when he didn't make a sound, Marshall too, but at the end of the day, everything happens for a reason. I think me and Marsh will be stronger because of this. I have to keep it together for this little one. Even though she'll never meet him, Savie is gonna know about her brother, we can't keep that fact from her."

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Marshall was sat silently at the table, staring into space and twirling the small purple card between his fingers. Zuma, Rubble, Tracker And Chase watched him anxiously.

"He needs to talk." Rubble whispered.

"I know but I don't think it's a good idea to upset him." Zuma hissed.

"But he does have a point mi amigo."

"How are we gonna get him to talk though?" Chase snuck a glance at his best friend.

"You guys need to learn to whisper." The black haired boy mumbled, slipping the card into his pocket.

"Sorry Marsh we just...Well we..."

"It's fine I get it." The four walked over and sat with their grieving friend who sighed. "You think I need to talk? Then I'll talk,"