Chapter 54

Skye walked back into her house with her guitar in her back. It was now late December and nearly Christmas. Her and Chase's second Christmas together to be exact and Savannah's first Christmas.

She pulled off her gloves and coat, setting her guitar against the wall and smiling as she saw her cheeks were now rosy from the cold and the snowflakes in her hair while looking in the hallway mirror. The blonde picked up her instrument again and walked up to her room where much to her surprise, her boyfriend was sat on her bed.

"Shit! Ugh Chase don't do that to me." She giggled.

"Skye you knew I was coming. We said three and it's now five. Where were you?" The brunette wore a blank expression. Skye looked confused and then glanced at her clock.

"Oh my god! Chase I'm so sorry I lost track of time!"

"Where were you?" He repeated.

"I was at the nursing home, visiting my nana Rose." She said quietly.

"But she doesn't live in a nursing home. Skye just tell me the truth."

"You think I'm lying? What the hell Chase?!"

"Skye you forget I know just as much as you do about your family so don't try and play me off!"

"Seriously Chase?! You don't know everything about my family because there are somethings that only my family know. Why can you not just hear me out?"

"Because I know for a fact that neither of your nan's live in a nursing home and henceforth I know you're lying!" He stormed out as Skye just sat on her bed, staring at the wall.

She looked down at her songbook.
And to think, I wrote a song for him. She thought

Chase was pulling his shoes on when Rocky, Zuma and Skye's father walked through the door with full bags of food.

"Geez it suwe is snowing heavy out thewe." Zuma shivered.

"I'll say." Rocky agreed, passing the bags to his father who took them to the kitchen.

"Hey Chase what's up?" Rocky asked.

"Just Skye." He huffed.

"Oh she's back from the home?" Chase stood there for a second, processing what Rocky had said.

"What? She was telling the truth?"

"Yeah. Why would she lie to you dude?" Zuma looked at Chase quizzically.

"Oh no this is bad. This is very very bad."

"What did you do?" Rocky asked sternly.

"Well...I didn't directly say it but I may have thought she was cheating."

"Oh god." Rocky rolled his eyes and dashed up the stairs to his sister.

Skye was sat on her bed sobbing as the silver haired boy walked in.

"Hey." Rocky smiled.

"Hmph." Skye didn't look up at him.

"How come you never told Chase about Nana Rose?" He asked, sitting next to the blonde who was stroking the smooth surface of her guitar.

"Never really thought I'd need to. I wish I did now though - he thinks I cheated on him."

"I told him you'd never do that. Did you get the chance to sing his song? I didn't help you write it for nothing."

Skye laughed a little. "Not yet." There was a knock at the door and Chase sheepishly walked in. Skye stood up and embraced him in a hug.

"I'm sorry for overreacting." He whispered.

"I'm sorry for not telling you." She sighed.