Chapter 82

The teens sat in their respective tutor rows as the year filed in to the hall. There was a buzz of conversation but the paw patrol couldn't manage to utter any words at all. They knew that Ashlynne was vindictive and they knew that she could manipulate people to do as she pleased, no matter what it cost.

"Settle down everyone." Principal Ryder was at the front of the hall, a clipboard in his hands and Miss Rylans, Katie, at his side. This did make the ten individuals smile. They knew that the two teachers had a thing for each other.

"I'm sure you're all eager to know who your prefect team is this year," a majority of the teenagers that filled the room cheered.

"There are a total of ten prefects." This made the paw patrol sit up straight and look and anyone from their group around them. Ten? Could it be?

Rocky gave his sister a confused look before he and Skye shook their heads, thinking that there was no way it was possible.

"In no particular order," the tension was so thick in the room. Chase's palms were sweaty, Skye could hardly breathe, Zuma was bouncing his leg impatiently, Chelsea clutched Rubble's hand for dear life.
"Your prefects are: Chase Marks, Marshall Clark, Rubble Evans, Zuma Waters, Tracker Cortez, Skye and Rocky Chatswood-Smith, Everest Miller, Chelsea Price and Sweetie McNally. Congratulations you guys."

The rest of the year group cheered and applauded while the paw patrol sat there, gawping like goldfish.

They'd done it. Skye looked over to Ashlynne who, much to her shock, had tears in her eyes. Why was she upset? Why wasn't she angry?

After the assembly, the Paw Patrol hung back and waited for one another. Chase raced over to his friends, lifting Skye up and spinning her around, laughing.

"We bloody did it!" He cheered, setting the blonde down.

"I still can't believe it." Rubble said.

"I would love to have seen Ashlynne's face." Rocky laughed, the others joining him. All except Skye.

She walked over to the still upset model and held out her hand. Her friends watched on in silence and Ashlynne looked up.

"I'm done fighting with you Ash. I can't forget what you've done in the past but if it's any consolation, I'm willing to move forward." Skye smiled. Slowly, the second girl shook Skye's hand and spoke.

"You're right. I'm sorry for being a bitch all this time. I know it's no excuse but, you know how it is with me. How mum pushed me into the model world and, well pressured me to be the best."

Then Skye did something that she herself never thought she'd do after the age of twelve. She hugged Ashlynne tightly.

"It's ok. You don't have to explain. Let's just be grown up and move on yeah?"

"Yeah. Thank you Skye." The two pulled away and smiled at each other.

"Your mascara's running."

"Oh yeah." The two laughed.

"I'll catch you later."

"Bye." Skye walked back to her best friends who looked at her, totally bewildered.

"What was that about?" Sweetie asked.

"I'm willing to move past what she's done to me. We're all grown up and life's too short to stay mad at someone." Skye explained.

"You're right." Tracker smiles. "You never know when someone is going to leave a group of lose contact. Why leave the bad memories in your head?"

"Well one things for sure." Marshall said.

"What?" Rocky asked.

"We're all gonna be friends until we're old and senile." Everest smiled.

"Yeah. Then evewyday we'll be new fwiwnds." Zuma laughed.

And they were right...