Chapter 42

Skye was soaked through by the time she caught up with Marshall. She found him at the park, sat under a tree on a bench.

"There you are." Skye said, no emotion clear in her voice. The black haired boy didn't respond, he just looked up then back down again. "How come you just ran?" Skye asked. Marshall shrugged. "Everest thinks you've broken up with her."

"No. I've not left her I just... what am I supposed to do?"

"Comfort her. Tell her you'll be there for her." Skye snapped slightly.

"Alright Skye, who sprinkled the bitchy dust? I'm scared here."

"You're scared? Everest is having a breakdown back at mine! She still has to tell her parents that she's pregnant with your child! She's bloody terrified! She doesn't know what she's going to do!"

"And I will be there for her. I'm just letting it sink in."

"Well by saying nothing and legging it really showed that." The blonde replied sarcastically.

"Will you get off my back?!"

"No Marshall! You and Everest need to talk about this. Come on." Skye grabbed the boy's wrist and dragged him back to hers. Before they opened the door, Skye turned to the taller boy.

"Do what's right." She said simply. Marshall nodded and the pair stepped inside.

Everest and Rocky were sat at the table, both with mugs of hot cocoa. The grey haired boy had managed to soothe the girl who's cries were now just whimpers. Skye beckoned Rocky and Zuma away while Marshall sat next to his girlfriend and hugged her tightly.
"I'm sorry for running off." He whispered, kissing her cheek.

"It's ok." Everest sighed in relief that her boyfriend still loved her. "What are we gonna do?"

"I have no idea. I don't know how I feel about it yet but ultimately, is your body Ev so it's up to you. Why don't we talk about it in the morning yeah?" Marshall smiled slightly, noticing that it was pitch black outside.

"Uh huh." Everest nodded as they headed into the living room, joining Rocky, Zuma and Skye. There was a few minutes of awkward silence before Zuma burst out laughing at 'friends'. The others looked at him, a look of confusion on their faces. Zuma did have a very strange laugh in their defence.

"What the bloody hell is that!?" Everest laughed.

"You sound like a honking goose!" Skye gasped, causing the brunette to laugh again.

"Skye?"

"What Rocky?"

"Can you run to the shop and get some ice cream?" He smiled hopefully.

"Fine." She huffed. The group watched her go and smiled happily, cuddling with their respective partner. Marshall felt Everest pull his hand and rest it on her stomach. He smiled and thought about what it would be like to have a baby around, especially with the girl he loves most.

I can't make the decision, Everest has to. He told himself, but he was sure, judging by her action, he knew what she'd say.