4. The Sleepover

Harry had returned from downstairs and flopped down on the bed. He rolled over and faced the wall. He was glad to see his best friends, but the vision that Voldemort sent him had really scared him. He had collapsed, useless and powerless, as soon as Voldemort had killed them. Voldemort knew his weakness and Harry knew he would try and use it against him. He didn't feel any strength from being loved. He just felt vulnerable and weak. He heard the door to his room open, but he didn't turn around.

"Harry?" Hermione called quietly as she came into the room.

Harry felt her sit on the side of the bed and tentatively touch his shoulder. He closed his eyes and swallowed past the painful lump in his throat. It hurt to breathe, but the touch was comforting. When he felt that he had some control of his emotions, he sighed, and rolled over. He smiled at her weakly.

"Hi, Hermione, it's good to see you. Hey, mate," he said looking at Ron.

"Oh, Harry! You look terrible!" Hermione cried, "What's wrong?

Harry shrugged. "Bad dreams, is all," he said. "They make it hard to sleep."

"I've got something for that mate," Ron said as he put the vial on the side table.

Harry looked at it but said nothing. He didn't want to let down his guard. What if Voldemort was waiting? He knew Voldemort couldn't touch him at the Dursley's, but what about Ron and Hermione? Were they safe?

"Sooo..." said Ron rubbing his hands together. "What's to eat? I'm starved!"

"Ronald Weasley! You just had dinner at home and dessert at my place! You can't possibly be hungry again!"

"I'm a growing boy!" he shrugged and gave Harry a wink. "Come on, Hermione! You can't expect me to wait until morning! I'll die from starvation!"

Hermione snorted and rolled her eyes. Harry grinned in spite of the mood he was in. Things felt normal when he heard them bickering.

"Well, I could go over to Diagon Alley and get us some food. I don't reckon we'll be getting much around here," Ron said with a grimace.

"How are you planning on doing that?" Harry asked, "I don't have any floo power or a fireplace connected to the floo network."

"Oh! I guess you don't know!" Ron grinned proudly, "I passed my Apparition test! It's been great! I can Apparate in on Fred and George at any time!" he said with a laugh. "Oh, revenge is sweet! One day, last week, I apparated in on Fred and Angelina—"

"Ron!" Hermione said angrily, her cheeks flushed, "You shouldn't talk about it! That's rude!"

Ron just grinned and mouthed 'later' to Harry.

Harry was amazed at how much better he was starting to feel just being around his friends.

"I've got a better idea," Harry said as he realized that his stomach was growling too. "Dobby," he called.

There was a crack and Dobby appeared in the room.

"Harry Potter, sir!" Dobby looked around. "Harry Potter's Miss and his Wheezy sir! Dobby is honored. What can Dobby do for the great Harry Potter?"

Harry smiled at him.

"Dobby, Ron is hungry. Could you get some food for us? Oh, and some butter beer to wash it down."

Dobby bowed low and disappeared. Harry sat up and genuinely smiled at his friends.

"I am glad to see you guys. I missed having someone to talk to."

"So what have you been doing, mate?" Ron asked as he rolled out his sleeping mat.

"Not much," mumbled Harry. "Working out, sleeping when I can, thinking..." he trailed off and looked out the window. He sighed, thinking that maybe he didn't want to talk about himself after all.