Iwaizumi Hajime || Scared

You woke up by loud noises coming from outside.

You were looking at the time.

8:34AM

Hell, it's too early. What's going on outside?

You stood up with reluctance to look outside your window.

There was a removal van standing there in front of the house next door.

New neighbours again?

You sighed. That means that your mother will be all fired up to make a good impression on them.

You hopped into your bed again and tried to sleep but it was impossible.

Another sigh came out of your mouth. That would be a long day for you.

You decided to go downstairs where your family was sitting at the table, breakfasting.

"Oh? [f/n]-chan, it's rare to see you that early in the morning~" your older brother said.

"Shut up, it wasn't my decision to be so early. It's just too loud outside." you grumbled. You weren't a morning person after all.

You grabbed a bowl and put some cereal in it. Just when you wanted to add the milk, your mother said something.

"I've heard there will be someone around your age moving in next door."

You stopped right in your motion.

Wait, what?

You were wide awake now. She grinned. You got an uneasy feeling about it.

"So, would you bring over some welcome gifts?"

I knew it.

But you were unable to refuse. She already caught your interest. You were too curious about your new neighbour. There wasn't anyone around your age in your neighbourhood so it was just natural that you were interested.

"Why not?" You shrugged with your shoulders to hide your excitement.

A broad grin appeared on your mother's face.

"Great~"

●●●

You were standing in front of the door. You were excited to get to know who your new neighbor was.

You were smiling. You took a deep breath and ringed the doorbell.

You heard noises coming from inside. Someone was swearing.

The door opened and your smile vanished.

You stood there in disbelief, eyes widely opened.

"I-I-Iwaizumi-senpai?!" you stumbled.

Of all people, why has he to be my neighbour?

Yes, you were afraid of him. You had often seen him hitting Oikawa-san and he always looked so grumpy.

"What do you want?" he said annoyed. He was glaring at you.

You were intimidated. You felt sweat beads forming on your forehead.

You hand over the bag to him very quickly.

"I-it's just a small gift from m-my family for your family moving in."

With that you turned away from him and headed back to your house.

"Hey, wait!" he was shouting but you were already closing the door behind you.