Semi Eita || Reunion

"[f/n]?"

Someone called you. Someone, whose voice you didn't want to remember.

You turned around to the person who called you, hoping to be wrong and that it was actually someone else, but you knew this voice too well.

"Eita."

What did you expect? It was a high school reunion after all so a meeting between you two was inevitable. The probability of your encounter was pretty high and you were well aware of that, but you still decided to attend the reunion to meet old friends.

It was the first time after your graduation 5 years ago that you were seeing him again. The man, who once shattered your heart into tiny little pieces.

His appearance didn't really change; he was still the same as in your memories. You thought you were ready to see him again but you were wrong. The emotions you felt back then were flooding you; both the positive and negative ones. It was painful to see him but at the same time you want to fall into his arms, not wanting to let him go again.

You were staring into each others eyes as if the time around you stopped. But eventually, someone interrupted this scene.

"Oi Semi, don't just stand there, join us!"

After a few more seconds he turned his face away and walked towards the voice who called for him.

You were speechless. Why did he call out for you when he just walks away after staring at you like that? But before you could rack your brain even more over it, you got yourself dragged into a conversation with old classmates. Although you were enjoying the time with your old friends you couldn't help but to take a glance over to your ex-boyfriend.

"You're drooling, [f/n]-chan~" A red haired guy appeared beside you.

"I-I'm not!" You averted your eyes from Semi to look at the familiar face. Tendō Satori. He was an annoying guy you thought but he was still dependable.

"You sure are~ Oh it can't be – you still like him, don't you?" He gave you a teasing smirk, knowing that he hit the spot.

"Th-that's not true!" you denied but you gave yourself away with your now reddened face. After you had broken up with the former Setter, you didn't dwell on your sorrow for too long, thinking that it was for the best to move on. But now your own feelings were confusing you and you didn't know what to think or even feel.

You ignored Tendō who was humming beside you and glanced briefly at Semi. At the same moment he looked in your direction and your eyes met shortly before you looked away out of shame. Your heart was beating like crazy and you could feel the heat rising up your face.

"Sorry, Tendō but I need to get some fresh air." You didn't wait for an answer and went outside.

It was already dark outside. The sky was pitch-black with only a few stars shining. It was early summer so the night breeze was still a bit cold, but that's what you needed to clear your mind.

Why am I feeling like this? Is it because I haven't seen him for so long? I can't just forget that he cheated on me. But why am I still so flustered around him? Damn it , this is so confusing!

An opening door attracted your attention and you turned around to see the cause of it. It was none other than Semi who was standing at the door, looking at you. Silence occurred and neither one of you dared to say something. The atmosphere around you two was awkward, so you decided to be the first one to break the silence.

"Are you just going to stare at me or do you have something to say?" You tried to say as indifferent as you could, not wanting to show your wavering feelings.

He sighed, running his fingers through his hair. With the other hand he loosened up his tie even more as it already was.

"I don't know how to put it... I just have so much to say." He began, hesitating for a bit before he continued.

"What happened back then... I really regret it. And I mean it. I know I've already told you so many times and you have all the right not to forgive me for my actions. I'm truly sorry. I swear to god, if I could turn back the time I would-"

"Stop it." You said quietly, looking at the ground, not wanting him to see your face right now. But he didn't hear you.

"-prevent myself from doing it. You know, I was really hoping to see you here today. When I actually saw you, I didn't know what to say. I thought that I don't have the right to talk to you. I got jealous after seeing you with your former classmates and I had to restrain myself from going over to you and-"

"Just stop it already. Please." This time you said it loud enough for him to hear. Your cracking voice made him stop.

Steps were approaching you, but you stepped back because you didn't want him to come closer. You didn't want him to see you in a miserable state like that. Eventually, a wall hindered you to step back even further, being trapped between the wall and Semi.

"Look at me, [f/n]."

You refused to do as he demanded. He knew how stubborn you could be so he forced you to look at him by pulling up your head gently by your chin. The street lamp beside you helped him to have a clear look at you: Your face was stained by tears.

Your eyes were closed, not wanting to see his expression. The hand under your chin disappeared and you felt a weight on your shoulder. Carefully, you opened one eye to see that it was his face burying against your shoulder.

"Damn it. You were crying because of me again."

The situation was burdening both of you. Without even thinking, you put your arms around him, trying to pull him closer. He raised his head in surprise, but you buried your head in his firm chest. You had clearly missed him; his closeness, his warmth, just everything.

When he hugged you back, at first a bit hesitantly, you realized what you were doing. You loosened your arms around him, pushing him back gently.

"I'm sorry, I got caught up in the moment."

You brought yourself to look at him, seeing the disappointment and sadness across his face.

"Now it's my turn to say something. I knew the probability was high to meet you here but I still decided to come here. I thought I was prepared to see you but as you can see, this wasn't the case. All those past emotions were overwhelming me and I just didn't know what to feel. You know, it still pains me to think back to the day I caught you with that kouhai."

You paused for a moment. The tension was almost unbearable.

"But, it pains me more to see you like this. Or to be parted from you."

Hope was spreading inside of him.

"Wh-what did you just say?" He wanted to make sure that he didn't mishear you.

"I'm saying that I want to trust you again, idiot." You said, smiling at him warmly.

Semi couldn't hold himself back anymore, leaning forward to kiss you. As your lips met, you could feel his desire for you. The passion you shared became stronger. Eventually, your lips parted with reluctance.

"I promise you that you won't regret this." He declared with a broad grin on his face.

"I hope so." You said, returning the grin. 

_______________________________________

a/n: This boy needs more appreciation please. Thank you. Originally, I wanted to write a Semi x angst one-shot but I couldn't bring myself to do this to him uwu and sorry for the kissing scene, I really suck at writing this hhh

Word count: 1309

Started writing: 11/01/2019

Finished writing: 12/01/2019

Published date: 14/01/2019