Tsukishima Kei || Realizing Feelings

"Kei, wait!" You were increasing your pace to keep up with him.

He was just sighing.

"Hey, I'm sorry that I took too long to get ready, but could you please walk a bit slower?"

Still no answer.

The two of you were childhood friends. You knew each other since you were born. You were best friends back then, but he distanced himself more and more from you.

"Are you even listening to what I'm saying?"

He rolled his eyes and then he finally said something.

"There is nothing I can do, when a shorty like you can't keep up with my pace."

You hated this side of him. Really. But otherwise you still love him and it hurts you to see the distance between you two getting bigger and bigger.

"Why did you become like that?" You asked yourself quietly.

You didn't know that he heard you saying that. But he kept his mouth shut.

You have already told him about your feelings, but they didn't get through him.

You kept thinking that it was your fault that he distanced himself from you.

He disliked your energetic and straightforward personality. It annoyed him being with you, but he didn't have the courage to cut the ties with you either. So he played along, feeling guilty by hurting you that way.

You knew that you were bothering him, but you couldn't do anything against your feelings. You didn't want to release all the memories you shared with him. But it made you sick, running after him.

"I forgot something, so go ahead."

He nodded and kept on walking.

You were standing still, gazing after him.

When you couldn't see him anymore, you turned around and went home again. You lied to get away from him.

I can't do this anymore. Maybe I should just give up.

The next day you went to school, alone. You needed the distance between you and Tsukishima. It was the first time you went to school without him.

You felt empty without him, but you had to be strong. He had to believe that you're fine without him although you weren't.

You began to ignore him, but it didn't seem to bother him.

It was quite the opposite. He seemed to be more at ease without you.

It hurt you to see that he was better off without you being by his side.

I should just forget him. That will be the best for both of us.

"...[f/n]-chan"

You jumped up. Someone was pulling you out of your never-ending thoughts.

"Sorry Tadashi, what did you say?" You felt guilty for not noticing that he was talking to you.

"What's up with you and Tsukki? Both of you are behaving strange. Did something happen between you two?"

You gulped, but you decided to tell him the truth. You knew each other for so long that you couldn't keep it a secret.

"I'm not sure either. You know that I love Kei and that he rejected me. I'm just too tired of running after him. I can't do this anymore, Tadashi. I can't be selfish with him, when I know that he dislikes that. It's better, when I'm not around him anymore."