Sawamura Daichi || Chocolate

Valentine's Day. 

I was so nervous. I looked at the beautiful wrapped box in my hands, filled with loads of selfmade chocolate. Today was the day I would finally confess to [crush's/n]. It took a while to gather my courage to actually go to him and to hand him the chocolate.

I really thought that he would like me as well.

But obviously I was wrong.

"Sorry, [l/n]-chan, but I can't accept your feelings. Thanks for the chocolate though."

Before he could take the box, I was running away.

I wasn't aware of where I was running.

Or who I was running into.

With tears covering my range of vision, I didn't see that I was running right into a person until I felt a huge impact.

"I-I'm really sorry." I bowed slightly and reached out my arms. "Just take this as an apology." 

I didn't wait for an answer and walked off of this awkward situation.

I hate Valentine's Day.

"[f/n]-chan, how did it go? You ignored my calls yesterday. Were you that busy with your new lover?" 

I gulped. I didn't tell my best friend that I was rejected. She helped me out a lot in this matter.

"I'm sorry, [best friend's/n]. I was rejected, though."

She looked at me in disbelief.

"What? Why didn't you tell me? Are you ok?"

"Yeah, he isn't worth it to make me sad. To make it even worse, I bumped into someone yesterday while I was running away. I couldn't look at the person, I just handed in the chocolate and ran away. Gosh, was that embarrassing."

She just laughed at this. Well thank you.

"Don't worry. This certain someone will understand it. I'm sure of it."

"Hey Daichi, isn't she the one who gave you the chocolate the other day?"

He was looking at the direction Sugawara was pointing at.

"Oy Suga, you know she didn't give me the chocolate because she likes me. She felt sorry for running into me, that's all."

Sawamura couldn't avert his gaze from you. Somehow he was interested in you.

"Let's go, training is about to start."

I was leaning at the school gate, when someone suddenly approached me.

"Hey, is everything alright with you?"

In front of me was a brown haired guy about my age with a gently smile on his face.

"Excuse me, but do I know you?" Why am I so nervous?

"Ah sorry, it seems like you don't remember me. On Valentine's Day-" 

I felt my cheeks heating up. Oh my god, don't tell me...

My reaction seems to signalize him that I still remember. 

"So you do remember. Don't worry, I'm cool with it, though." He laughed it off. "About the chocolate-"

Before he could continue, I interrupted him.

"Ah the chocolate. Don't mind it, I got rejected and I didn't have any use for it anyways."

Suddenly, his expression got serious.