Kozume Kenma || Reserved

"Kenma!"

[f/n] was running towards her boyfriend, who was accompanied by Kuroo. He looked up from his phone and smiled at her timidly. 

"Hey, [f/n]." 

She gave him a quick peck on his cheek and greeted him back.

"Where is my greeting?" Kuroo pretended to be hurt.

The [h/c] haired girl played along.
"Ah, sorry Tetsu, I didn't see you."

"Ouch." A smirk appeared on his face. 

She just rolled her eyes and gave her attention back to her boyfriend, who was looking at his phone again, and linked arms with him.

"Hey Kenma, do you want to hang out later after volleyball practice?"

He replied without looking up from his phone.

"Sorry [f/n], but there is this new game I wanted to play."

[F/n] was disappointed, but she just laughed it off so that he won't notice it.

"Ah, maybe some other time then." 

Kenma just nodded. There was an uncomfortable silence after that. 

Kuroo, who observed the whole situation, just sighed at his behaviour. Are they really dating?, he thought. 

Arrived at school their ways parted. 

"See you later, Kenma." [f/n] forced a smile and went to her classroom.

"She doesn't seem to be happy, hm?" 

Kenma looked at Kuroo, but he didn't give him an answer.

"Rock-paper-scissors, the loser will get the drinks." Kuroo said.

It was lunch time and the three of you were sitting on the rooftop.

Kenma lost and stood up reluctantly to get the drinks.

[F/n] and Kuroo were now alone. 

She was lost in her thoughts, when he spoke up.

"[f/n]-chan, what's up?" The [h/c] haired girl looked up to see a worried Kuroo.

"It's nothing." She felt bad lying at him.

But he didn't give up.

"Come on, we're best friends since forever, you can tell me everything, you know?"

She let out a sigh, before she answered him.

"Well, it's about Kenma. It has been 3 months since we started dating, but it doesn't feel like we're dating at all. Nothing has changed from when we were just friends. I know, he's more the reserved type, but it's still frustrating."

"Don't tell me...you have indecent thoughts?"

[f/n] blushed heavily, which made Kuroo smirk.

"I-It's n-not like th-that, Tetsu!"

"Calm down, I just wanted to lighten up your mood." 

She pouted, but she actually felt better thanks to this.

"You know, you have to give him time to get used to having you as his girlfriend."

She turned around to wrap around her arms around him.

"Maybe you're right. Thank you, Tetsu."

Kuroo put his arm around her shoulder.

"No problem, that's what friends are there for."

Both of them stayed like this for a while, without noticing a certain someone looking at their direction.

Kenma coughed slightly to signalize them that he had returned. 

The girl let go of Kuroo immediately and the hue on her cheeks got even deeper.

"Kenma you're back!" She averted looking at him. 

How long was he standing there? she thought.

"Here are your drinks." He acted like usual.

"Thanks, Kenma." She accepted the drink, but put it away.

"Hey Kenma-" She began, but was interrupted by the school bell.

"Sorry [f/n] but the bell rang. We have to go to our classrooms now. You can tell me later."

The girl just nodded and sighed.

"Sure."

°°°

"Do you like Kuro?"

What? The two of you were at his house playing a game together when he asked this question. 

"Of course I like him, the 3 of us have been childhood friends for so long now, why shouldn't I like him then?"

"You didn't understand me. Do you like him in a romantic way?"

The girl put away the game controller now and looked at her boyfriend.

"What? Of course not. You know that I like you and not him!"

He wasn't showing any emotions which made her upset in a situation like that.

"I saw you two hugging on the roof top." He said quietly.

"I hugged you so many times when we were just friends, didn't I? It's something normal between friends."

"But you seemed to be more at ease with him than with me." He couldn't look at her.

"So you noticed, hm? To be honest I talked with him about you that day. That it doesn't feel like we're dating at all." 

It was silent. Only the music of the game running in the background could be heard.

"You know that I'm not good with something like that. Interacting with people, especially with you... it's difficult, you know?" 

Suddenly the girl's phone rang but she ignored it.

"I know. That's simply the way you are and I'm respecting that. But that doesn't mean I'm happy with the way we are now, Kenma."

The girl was near to tears.

"I shouldn't have confessed to you in the first place."

Kenma didn't know what to say. It was his first time to be in such a situation after all.

Please say something, she thought.

"Maybe you're right. Maybe we should have just stayed friends."

A tear rolled down her face. 

She wanted him to say that she was wrong. She wanted him to say that everything will be fine again. But instead her heart got ripped out.

"Yeah, we should have. But it's too late now."

She stood up and walked towards the door. 

She turned around a last time and looked at him.

"Good bye, Kenma. See you in school."

The pudding head gazed after her until the door got shut.

_______________________________________

a/n: Frieeeends, this is a bit shorter than the other ones I've written but I didn't know what to write anymore ( ^・ω・^) Hope you still liked it ^^

Amount of words: 919

Written date: 21/05/2018

Published date: 28/05/2018