Kuroo Tetsurō || Promise (2)

"MOM!"

You rushed inside the house, desperate to know the truth about the letters Kenma mentioned.

"Your mom is next door. She is with Kuroo-san right now." You heard your dad saying from the living room.

"Thanks dad!"

You went outside. Your hand was reaching for the door bell, but you hesitated.

Maybe I should ask her, when she gets home again.

You were kind of afraid to see Kuroo inside the house. The current situation was completely uncomfortable for you.

You turned around, when you heard the door get opened.

"Honey, what are you doing here?"

Luckily it was just your mom.

"Thank god mom, you just scared me for a moment. I have a question. Did we receive any letters from friends in the past few years?"

"Uhm..." She got nervous. You knew instantly that she was hiding something from you.

"Mom...?" You said in a begging tone.

"It might be that you got a few letters from Kuroo-kun." She averted looking at you.

"Mom! Why didn't you tell me?" You got angry.

The door was still open and you didn't notice a certain someone was eavesdropping your whole conversation.

"I thought it would be easier for you, if you were not constantly reminded of our life here."

You could see that your mother felt really guilty for not telling you. 

"You should have just told me." You said quietly. It's your fault that Tetsu hates me now.

"Honey, I'm really sorry." After a short break she continued. "Follow me."

Without saying anything you did as she said and followed her back into your house into the basement, where she grabbed a box from a shelve, handing it to you.

"I know I've said it before, but I'm really sorry. I should have asked you before, but I thought that would be the best for you. I collected every single letter and put it into that box, so if you like you can have them now."

"Thanks, mom." But that won't change anything.

You went upstairs, threw the box onto your bed and sat down on your desk chair. After a few rotations you decided to have a look at the box.

"What the..." There weren't just a few letters like your mother said. There were much more of them there.

You looked at the letters. All of them were still closed. You looked at the dates and decided to read the oldest one at first.

Hey, [f/n]-chan!

How are you? Do you like it there? It's so odd not seeing you everyday. Don't forget what I promised you! I'm looking forward to your answer.

Love, Tetsu.

You smiled slightly. The messy handwriting from the 8-year-old Kuroo was too familiar to you.
You opened the next letter, which was sent 2 weeks later.

Dear [f/n]-chan,

What's up? I didn't get an answer to my last letter, but maybe it will arrive later? Nevertheless, I want you to know that it's boring without you. Hope to hear from you soon!