Chapter 10: Everything's New

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ---------------

"Upset is an emotion specific to those who care."

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ---------------

    ●   

    "She's awake," I heard someone whispered and footsteps started to rumble next to me. I can't open my eyes widely since I can barely hold them open and only to see a white blurry background – I can't move. All that I can move is my index finger. I tried to scream for help but I can't.

     "Raven? Raven can you hear me?" A familiar female voice gently held onto my hand. I inhaled deeper just to indicate I'm awake. 

    "What happened to her Doc? Why is she like this?" She sobbed. Am I in a hospital? I heard the doctor mumbles stuffs until I became unstable again, my eyes wanted to close shut but I refuse to – I want to wake up. I want to know where I am. I want to know.....where Liam is – if he's okay. I think I'm in a state of having a sleeping paralysis.

     "Let's try one more time to inject her and see if this works." I barely heard the Doctor said. After a minute of waiting, I suddenly shot up in bed and gasps for air. Cold sweat starts trickling down my forehead. I looked around and it was bright as heaven. I rubbed my eyes and tried to focus on who are the people around my bed. 

    "Oh sweetie." A woman beside me pulled me into a hug. I looked at her and as soon as my vision became clear – relief rushed through me when I realized it's mom.

     "Mom!" I suddenly squealed, giving her a tight hug. 

     "I guess she's ready to go," The doctor explained. Mom thanked him and turned to look at me. 

     "What happened?" Mom asked. I then turned my eyes elsewhere to recall everything that happened that night, but all I remember was Liam being lifeless. 

     I gasped, "Liam." Mom shot me a worried look and held my arms for me to calm down. 

    "Who's Liam sweetie? Did he do this to you?" I shook my head – desperate to know what happened to him.

     "No! He's the one who wants to help me and then... and then..." I tried to remember, but nothing pops up.

    "Ughh!! He got beaten up!" I suddenly shrieked and threw my arms in the air. 

     Mom sighed and stroked my hair, "We'll check on him if he's alright soon sweetie. But now, let's get you home." Mom said and walked out the room to process the papers.