Chapter 25: Reunion

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ---------------

"You are Bizarrely moral for a Vampire."

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ---------------  

     I quickly followed Harry's tracks inside the building but I wasn't able to catch up since he was too fast – only those he saved came running past me while Harry is still not present around – making my heart beat goes fast.

     "Where's Harry?" I tried to ask some of his workers but they just ignored me and ran outside the building screaming.

    "Where's goddamn Harry!!??" I finally screamed at the top of my lungs when finally, one of the running civilians stopped for a second to answer my question. If only I had the fucking money to pay this guy for giving me his time – it would be great.

     "He's at the top level! Still looking for his workers." One man said before running away instantly. Without wasting a second, I went straight to the elevator and it was luckily vacant.

    Seconds have passed when the sound of the elevator finally dinged, indicating I'm finally at the top level. As soon as I stepped out the lift, I instantly roam around the place but Harry isn't still visible – I checked on his office but he wasn't there.

    I checked on every office in this level and when I checked the last door, I saw a figure knelt down in the middle of the room – making me jolt and frightened.

     I slowly approached it without any hesitations, thinking it was some worker who is just scared. "Excuse me?" I slowly asked and suddenly it straightened its posture, feeling startled.

    "I didn't mean to inter-" I was cut off when it slowly turned around to look at me. I was suddenly stunned – its feature makes my stomach turn. Its face is all wrinkly, blood trickling down from its mouth down to its chin – the color of his eyes are mixed with white and red, making it all creepy yet shiny. I can't move any limbs and I can't scream.

    It's the Death's Crawler.

    It stood up straight in the middle of the room, revealing the deceased person lying below it – it was his prey.

      "Don't come near me." I warned softly but I know it was no use, it's hungry and all they can think of is to eat and drink human blood.

      It screamed as loud as it could do, making me startled as I started to run as fast as I could without looking back.

    "Leave me alone!" I screamed while running down the stairs. The lifts aren't working anymore like what a fucking coincidence, so I haven't got any choices than to take the damn stairs. There are so many levels so it will take a moment for us to reach the lower ground, but I haven't even reached the middle part when the crawler went to hurdle on top of me resulting us to stumble down the stairs and violently stopped at the flat surface – resulting my head to bump into the ground.