Chapter 24: Back Home

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ---------------

"When all little girls wanted to be a Ballet Dancer, I wanted to be a Vampire"

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ---------------

    Mom's message caught my attention – they are in danger – but what threatens them? What's happening in my own town.

     "Harry!" I squealed, not even daring to take my eyes off the screen. After a second, Harry came booming through the door with wide eyes.

     "What is it?!" He panicked. I stared at him for a second with furrowed eyes.

     "What.is.it?!" He said with gritted teeth and balled fist.

     "I sense that you're scared what is it." He gently calmed down and leisurely walked to my bed.

     "Here." I showed him my phone as his eyes landed on the screen. He gently pulled my phone out of my hand and scrolled through my messages.

     "Death's Crawlers." He muttered.

     "Great, now what are those now?" I derisively said and slumped back to my bed.

    "These are the vampires who aren't able to resist their hunger. The ones who attack anytime with no fear." He explained and that reminds me of Sarah – the image of her being that hungry explains a lot – which means she started to become like one of the Death's Crawlers.

     "Aren't you guys like them." I spat back, referring to him and the rest of his relatives while I shook my thoughts about Sarah.

     "No we aren't! They are stronger and they don't know the value of each human. They have no knowledge since their hunger has overwhelmed their own self. That's why they lose control at everything." I wanted to fight back at his explanation but I first prioritized the situation of mom and my friends.

     "Let's go back. I want to see my family!" I exclaimed. Quickly, I leaped out of bed but to be stopped by Harry grabbing my wrist.

     "What is it now? I need to see my family." I pulled my wrist out of his grasp violently. I directly headed to my closet to pick the correct outfit wisely so that I won't regret anything if we are in a place with different temperatures. 

    The whole time I've been searching in the closet, all I found was the leather jacket and ripped jeans that Harry gifted me before – I guess this can suit any temperature.

    I pulled out the whole outfit but when I turned around, Harry was standing in front of me – totally towering over me and blocking the way.

    "It's too dangerous Raven. I won't let you go." He caged me with his arms, typically blocking my sides – making me unable to escape his muscular form.