Chapter 23: Revealed Truth

(Please Read the Author's Note at the end ;))

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ---------------

"Getting rid of a delusion makes us Wiser than getting hold of the Truth."

---------------- ❊ ༻❃༺ ❊ ---------------

    His words precipitously made me astonished and pondered about his statement – nobody has ever done this to me nor even said those words.

     "Even though you're a weird innocent girl. I'll treasure every single time I'm with you." He smiled, showing me clearly his white shiny sharp teeth.

     "I'm not weird." I crossed my arms which made him laugh and made me look like a kid.

     "For everything that I have told you, that's the only word you noticed?" He sternly said that made me roll my eyes in annoyance until my eyes suddenly landed on a cloth that is hanging on the right side of his belt. Without hesitation, I stepped closer to him and grabbed the familiar cloth.

     "What is this!?" I suddenly exclaimed as soon as I realized it was a black bonnet. 

     He cleared his throat, "If you remembered," He started. "I'm the one with the black bonnet that pulled you out of the window back in the city." My eyes suddenly widen as the memory came flashing back.

    "That's you?! What? But why?" I bellowed as I followed him when he started to walk. He didn't answer my question but continued to stride deeply into the cold dark cave. I have no choice but to follow him since I have nowhere else to go or escape – the exit is blocked by the huge rock together with the Cerberus howling and barking from the outside.

    The cave seems endless that we kept on walking for minutes. It gets colder that the only cloth I'm wearing is a thin white shirt, almost see through and a denim short – only if I knew this would happen then I shouldn't have changed from my uniform.

     "Please bring me back." I finally broke the silence. I heard him growl before suddenly turning into a chuckle.

     "You think I would do that?" He bitterly laughed.

     "No. But. Harry would be worri-"

     "Yeah Harry blah blah. The jerk who turned you into a slave? Prey? Pet?" Anger suddenly rushes through me when he slips out those words from his mouth.

     "He isn't a jerk! Well at first yeah but now he isn't! You weren't a jerk before but now you are! Let me go!" I stopped walking and stood in the middle of the cave that made him turn around.

     "Don't make this hard for me Raven." He breathed out as he let his arms fall down in defeat. 

     "I'm..I'm going back." I slowly turned around even though I know there won't be a way out of this hell hole but at least I could try.