Chapter 16 (Near Death)

(Y/n's pov)

It's now August, two weeks after Henry assaulted me. The hickeys, bruises and cuts are mostly gone now. And yes, my parents did bother me about it until I just gave them a dumbass lie. They seemed to believe it though.

I never go out alone anymore just to be safe. I also haven't seen Henry or his friends since.

I'm laying on my bed, reading a book when I hear something tap at my window. I look towards it to see Mike with an urgent look on his face.

I furrow my eyebrows and set down my book. Mike usually came at night and it's the middle of the day. I go to the window and pull it open.

"It took Beverly," Mike says as soon as I open the window. My eyes widen at the information. I now see the bullets that are slung over his shoulder.

"Meet me outside," Mike says and I can only nod. He climbs down and I'm left there stunned. I knew something like this would happen.

I gulp hard before grabbing the window, shutting it close. I turn towards my room and look around at what I have.

I grab a baseball bat from when I was little and then some bandages. I start to find anything I can before stuffing it into my backpack.

I had the baseball bat and bandages, along with matches, a walkie talkie (Bill has the other one), and duct tape. Maybe that will come in handy.

I swing the backpack over my shoulder and run out my door and down the stairs.

"I'm going out, Ma!" I yell as I run towards the front door. "Come back before dinner!" I hear her yell as I open the door. "Alright. Love you!" I say before rushing. "I love y-" I don't let her hear her finish, because I slam the door shut.

I see Mike, Bill and Richie waiting for me in the street. "About time!" Richie yells, aggravated. "Bev is probably dead by now since you took so damn long."

I roll my eyes, picking up my bike and hopping on. "Let's just go," Bill says, riding down the street. I pedal down the street after them as Richie continues to bitch.

We meet up with Eddie, Stanley and Ben at Harris Street before biking to the well house, where Pennywise lives. I'm glad I get to see Eddie again, but I have other things to focus on right now.

When we get to the well house, we all drop our bikes before walking through the rusty gate. "Guys, spikes," Bill says, taking off his jacket.

Eddie takes off his fanny pack before throwing it as hard as he can across the lawn.

Bill takes out a spike thingy from his back while Mike loads his bolt gun. I take out the wooden bat from my backpack.

Richie grabs an old bottle from the ground and smashes it on a post, sending shards of glass everywhere. We all look at him to see that most of the bottle is gone, so he will not be able to use it as a weapon. Richie looks at us, sighing before tossing the piece of glass to the side.

"Ready?" I whisper to Stanley. He seemed the most nervous out of all of us. He only looks at me, giving me a painful look.

I sigh softly and nod before we all walk up the stairs to the front door. Bill opens the door, taking out a flashlight and shining it around the house. I step inside after Mike, looking around at all the rotten wood and dust. I haven't been in here myself, but it's just as horrible as I imagined it to be.